ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back end kicking out?

Clio Sport 182
anyone ever felt this anyone know what cud be wrong even when i go slow round a corner to the left the back end steps out it a horrible feeling, taken it back to the garage later just wondered if anyone else had same problem?

Thanks

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Just changed my car from a 182 cup to a 172 ph1 and the back end is real twichey :-s

I have checked: Shockers, tyres, condition of hubs etc and for snapped springs and nothing.

Im gonna uprate the suspension very soon so ill see if that cures the problem.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Just changed my car from a 182 cup to a 172 ph1 and the back end is real twichey :-s

I have checked: Shockers, tyres, condition of hubs etc and for snapped springs and nothing.

Check the rear axle ins't bent.

Shock are probably worn though on a phase 1 by now.

FF-Cupped 182 '05
Changed my tyres from front to back once, back-end was all over the place even when going really slow. First corner out of the garage and it just spun 180 :S .

Clio Sport 182
they think it the rear shocks it goin in on sat for a proper look though i only got it a week ago so i better not have to pay anything ! lol

1.2 16v Dynamique.
same as weeman (well sort of). slow car down before you make the turn, accelerate as you exit bend/corner. if you lift off as your going around the corner and its damp/wet its gonna want to step out.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
its rear dampers like mine if it jumps over a bumo on a corner then deffo replace both rears common for them to leak etc

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
hmmmmm interesting as 2 weeks ago mine just let go leading to me spinning on an A road.....may have to look into this.

i usually feel the back end going but this just snapped round to the point where i couldn't catch it

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
as soon as i hit a ridge/bump in the road round a bend it used to jump about but now tis ok just rear dampers

Clio Sport 182
had it checked both rear shocks were leaking gas u can just press on the boot and the car bounces up and down the garage suppose to phone in morning to say if they goin to fix it or not seen as i only had it just over a week!