ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battle against swirls!

U/R 200
continues, got these today from Elite car care, next day delivery, very quick, very happy:)

HPIM0433.gif

£31 delivered by the way.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Surely not putting your sponge all the way to the bottom of the bucket would acheive the same affect?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Ever heard of a top loading spin dryer?

They contain the discs exactly the same as the top post. Just without the top fins. Im sure with slight modification you could achieve this away from the bottom of the bucket. Also they cost around £2 each. The buckets, go to a good industrial cleaner/wholesaler the buckets cost around £3 each.

ST
Ace, been using grit guard buckets for ages now...

People who have a clue and want to keep their paint mint use these, 31£ isn't alot to stop panels dulling due to minor swirls n scratches...

Last edited:
That dude is Mike Philips - probably the 'best' detailer in the world - so show some respect!!!

Pete a short ring of hosepipe in the bottom of the bucket will keep the grit guard wedged in and add some weight to the bucket!

U/R 200
That dude is Mike Philips - probably the 'best' detailer in the world - so show some respect!!!

Pete a short ring of hosepipe in the bottom of the bucket will keep the grit guard wedged in and add some weight to the bucket!

Cheer's,

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't see how these can cost so much really. I think they might serve a purpose if you are doing a few cars at a time and don't want to keep filling up buckets with products, but if you use the 2-bucket method There never seems much grit in the "dirty" bucket, let alone the one with product in.

I will be sticking with my Wilkinsons specials for now I think, as long as they hold water and have a handle I am happy!

Megane 230 R26
Very good, thanks for the link :) Just about to wash mine on account of it being such nice weather all of a sudden (car temp says 20 degrees!!) and although I already use two buckets etc I've still picked up a few things that I'll make use of :) Also going to get my hands on some of those grit guards or rig something up myself...

clio 182 black /gold
Thats steep. Where i work i got a load of 10ltr buckets FOC. Oh well if your happy with them.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Anyone used these buckets yet?
I used mine at the weekend and the grit-guard is smaller than diameter of the bucket :S

It's better than without but shouldn't they fit in tight?