ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BC DR coilovers

clio sport 200
After a little advice on what I should ask price wise on these BC DR coilovers for a 182 cup 60mm hub and the spring rates at 8kg/6kg bought from kamracing at a price of £802, fitted them last Sunday and there a little to hard for my liking so there coming off and going up for sale.

Thanks in advance

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
I’ve got DR’s on and they are set half way round front and back. Ride is harder than stock but so much more composed. I expect on full soft they would be better than standard.

I would give them a month before you sell mate personally.

172 Turbo
Kev from Kam Racing has had some damaged boxed ones for sale before which he sold for £690, however, as your's are used, I'd expect £600-£650.

03 clio sport asc
ive been told dr no good for road only track and i should stick with rn's can anyone verify this as they only $100 more in oz but no warranty unless can prove track only

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
ive been told dr no good for road only track and i should stick with rn's can anyone verify this as they only $100 more in oz but no warranty unless can prove track only

There is only the BR and Ds(Dr) available for the Clio2
You can use the Ds on the road. Arguably its all in the spring and damper choice. If you have a road kit then dont put stiff springs on, then the digressive valving can control the chassis more on the high speed corners, but the springs work soft on the bumps.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
After a little advice on what I should ask price wise on these BC DR coilovers for a 182 cup 60mm hub and the spring rates at 8kg/6kg bought from kamracing at a price of £802, fitted them last Sunday and there a little to hard for my liking so there coming off and going up for sale.

Thanks in advance
You could run a softer front spring. See if anyone has a 7kg spring they want to swap.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Yes. Its not ideal as you would have to pretty much run the dampers in the softest settings to match the spring rate but its a solution. Could always keep the 8kg springs for trackdays and switch over.

Interesting thread as I'm new to the Clio, and having just about converted our 182 into an MSA compliant race car suspension options will soon be on the shopping list.
My first thought is for the weight of the car 8/6kg/mm seem quite hard spring rates even for a track car, our heavyweight impreza raced successfully on 8/6kg for years, and even the very expensive Nitron 11/7kg we had would appear 'softer' in relation to the car weight.

I'm guessing then that kerb weight is not linearly related to ideal spring rate, and cornering forces increase the corner weight of a light car more than a heavy car as a function of it's static weight.

Sorry to go a bit off topic but once I've had the car weighed would Kev@KAM or anyone else be able to advise on the best options for circuit racing.

Many thanks

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
If using BC coilovers then 10kg front/8kg rear would be a good starting point for racing. 8/6 Is way to soft for a Clio IMO.
This. Depending on what your tyre choice is too will determine how best to progress. Theres only one rear spring available for the clio 2 - the 8kg one.
The suspension spring rates are very much car specific due to chassis weight, weight distribution, track width and wheel base, wishbone length and others and so its impossible to compare two different cars meaningfully.
In a similar but lighter chassis, my 205 is starting testing on 500lb (9kg) springs.

For our first season we will be in a production class, so no slicks. The total weight of car and driver will have to be 1075kg, which will probably need ballast, but even sticking that in the rear left it will still be heaviest in the front right.
I am still amazed by the 8kg rear spring rate, but I am comparing to a car that needed to get drive to the rear wheels on corner exit, hence the need to readily compress the rear. In the Clio I suppose the rear wheels mainly serve to hold the arse off the ground, and if you compress the rear the front will come up and lose both drive and steering.........starting to make sense!.... I have to get my head around a completely different type of car.

For our first season we will be in a production class, so no slicks. The total weight of car and driver will have to be 1075kg, which will probably need ballast, but even sticking that in the rear left it will still be heaviest in the front right.
I am still amazed by the 8kg rear spring rate, but I am comparing to a car that needed to get drive to the rear wheels on corner exit, hence the need to readily compress the rear. In the Clio I suppose the rear wheels mainly serve to hold the arse off the ground, and if you compress the rear the front will come up and lose both drive and steering.........starting to make sense!.... I have to get my head around a completely different type of car.
I used AST's with 9kg front and 11kg in the rear in my 182 and it handled great, it rotated nicely but I know that's not to everyone's taste.

I used AST's with 9kg front and 11kg in the rear in my 182 and it handled great, it rotated nicely but I know that's not to everyone's taste.

Very useful to know....it's almost the complete opposite of what I'm used to, but it does make sense. As the front does all the work you have to keep it pinned, hence the softer spring. The rear has no input of it's own, so you've almost got to decrease it's grip and let it slip around the corner.........learning this car is going to be a lot of fun! Thanks for the information

03 clio sport asc
Going to order 6kg fronts think it will little firm hopefully not bouncy on the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Don't forget the spring rate of the 8kg will be nearly half effectively because it's mounted inboard of the shock, so the motion ratio is like 0.5 making the 8kg more like 4kg.