ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been to the scrappy today...

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
Well, thought I'd post a few images of my girlfriends Clio (well, it's ours really, but she bought it...I just mod it/clean it/service it...lol)

It's only a 1.2-just a cheap car to run as we're saving for a house, but I can't help but get a little carried away in the scrapyard lol, but i've also been allowed to spend a little 'extra' on a few bits as I've been a good boy.

Anyway. We had the car colour coded, so here's a nice shiney back end:

CCRearAngle1.jpg

But at the scrappers, I saw a nice umarked set of Ph2 rear lights, and a Dynamique spoiler, so they came home with me :) She didn't like them at first, but when I put them on, she couldn't resist :p

DSC01047.jpg

They're all wired and fitted now:

DSCN1265.jpg

I also managed to get a set of colour coded wing mirrors as the plastic ones we've got have been badly scraped at some point, but they are blue at the moment. The intention was to have them gloss black...

I also bought (new) a set of new headlamps, as the old ones were that lovely unrine-yellow. I wanted a pair of dual-optic lights, but they don't often come up, and I couldn't be bothered to wait anymore.

Before:
IMG_8679.jpg

After:
IMG_8683.jpg

Old/new:
IMG_8682.jpg

So it's had a bit of a mini-make over. I've also got the wiring now to hook the stalk remote to the Kenwood CD player, and we've got a set of 40mm springs to go on too.

There is a *tiny* bit of rust coming through on the arch, so it's going to the bodyshop Tuesday, and I'm going to have the Dynamique spoiler colour coded, and possibly the wing mirrors, depending on how much paint there is left. If there isn't enough, I'm going to have them done gloss black. That way they'll match the black painted drivers door handle I nabbed too (just need a black passenger one now...). I'm not fussed about having the door handles done the same colour as the car, I've already offered the black drivers door handle up to the car, and it looks ok. You don't notice too much as the handle was black anyway: I just hate them fading all the time!

So, a productive day so far. Roll on the colour coding next week, then it just leaves the springs. Not bad on a budget I don't think! (More so as it looked like this when she bought it!)

Dan

Clio Dynamique 16v
looks good!

liking the rear end with the ph2 lights and spoiler

glad you didn't go for the ph2 rear bumper, as this never matches the front and looks odd

Peugeot 307 1.6 hdi
Man I really need my front lights changing like yours did. Haha, mine are badly 'urine coloured'.

How much you pick the lights up from the scrappy if you don't mind me asking?

Clio 197 08
Looks excellant mate, makes such a different just changing those and colour coding! Good look!

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
Thanks for the comments guys...

It is def. a more non-common colour: there are a few this colour round my way, but none modified at all, just standard run of the mill, so it's nice to have one a little different.

I didn't get the lights from the scrappy, I got them new from eBay. They were £60 delivered, which isn't too bad. They aren't genuine Renault, and the build quality isn't as good (85% as good as Renault I reckon), so I'll be keeping my eye's peeled for deterioration-but they do make the car look sooo much cleaner-especially with the Ph2 rear lights. I really wanted a set of headlamp protectors: a company called 'EGR' used to do them, but they no longer have stock for the Ph1's :( Think it would have looked kinda ok with protectors on....lol.

I can see why Clio's are popular...if only I wasn't house saving, I could quite easily get into this as a project!

Here's a little picture (been up before) of the beasty the day it was colour coded. You can see the headlights just 2 years back were ok-I think she leaves it parked in the sun all day, the sunlight kinda f*cks them up. 480 rear lights were bad for that too, so I used to park the car in the shade whenever possible lol.

CCFrontAngle.jpg

Looks nice all c/c imo. Can't wait to get the spoiler and mirrors done, and then get those springs on!

Last edited:
  Clio Dynamique 16v
i had smoked depo front lights on my old corsa sport

they looked great, but mine used to mist up when it was cold or you washed the car

take them off and run clear sealant (got mine from bnq) all around the lights where the glass meets the plastic casing

you couldnt see it once fitted and it didn't happen again!

120d M-Sport
That clio looks fookin' nice and fresh! Very good job! Without C/C it looks a bit :dead: But i really rate this 1!! :)

I'd have to put black alloys on it and tints :approve:

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
Again, cheers guys! I think she'll appreciate the feedback. The car's already had a wash with the Depo lights in and they were ok, so I'll keep an eye on them: but thanks for the info, I'll keep my eye on them!

I'm not so keen on window tinting, but I could go darker on those wheels. I think they'd look quite nice in Anthracite, but there's no way I could do them (audio and mechanicals etc are fine, but spraying isn't one of my talents!), but the missus has control over the finances as I'm a bit 'debit card happy', so I know that'll be a no go. Would look nice though!

I might do a little project thread eventually: it has been a mini project, and although the outcome isn't something decked with massive mod's or power, I think it's been an interesting one. Well, to me it has anyway lol.

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
you should have brought some new trainners

lol. They're my 'ol faithfuls, purely for when working on cars. The fronts are actually perfectly smooth from all the time I spend on my knees waxing and polishing. Perhaps I ought to treat myself to a new pair of work trainers next...:cool:

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
looks really tidy that mate ! there was a few set of dual optics on the bay last time i checked, would improve the front end a lot ! good work though :approve: