ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best broadband deal at the min

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think he's looking for people's recommendations, these websites only really list the features as they appear on paper, not the truth. My 'unlimited' broadband connection with PlusNet is often slowed towards the end of each month as I've used too much...

I'd like to find a truly unlimited ISP.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah Im with Be and I cant rate them highly enough.

I put up that link so he can see which ISP's cover his area and what packages they offer.

There is nothing worse than lisiting a load of ISP's and compairing them if he cant even go with them :S...

Megane Trophy #147
i know everyone will disagree but i have unlimited bb anywhere with bt mainly cos i get it free but can't fault the service or speed but who you can go with depends on how far you live from the telephone exchange you're fed out of cos some operators can offer you it others can't another one to look at is virgin's fibre optic if you can get it chuffin awesome speeds of 50mb in some areas but if you encounter problems their service aint great

Tesla MP3 2021
i know everyone will disagree but i have unlimited bb anywhere with bt mainly cos i get it free but can't fault the service or speed but who you can go with depends on how far you live from the telephone exchange you're fed out of cos some operators can offer you it others can't another one to look at is virgin's fibre optic if you can get it chuffin awesome speeds of 50mb in some areas but if you encounter problems their service aint great

Erm not quite lol.

Who you can go with depends on which ISP's off LLU in your local exchange - LLU for the greater speeds. If LLU isn’t offered in your local exchange by that ISP and they will probably offer IP stream ADSL re-branded in their name (basically upto 8Mb BT Broadband re-sold).

Line attenuation (line length/distance) is the major speed factor - the higher the attenuation (distance) to slower your connection speed will be.

172 Cup

Erm not quite lol.

Who you can go with depends on which ISP's off LLU in your local exchange - LLU for the greater speeds. If LLU isn’t offered in your local exchange by that ISP and they will probably offer IP stream ADSL re-branded in their name (basically upto 8Mb BT Broadband re-sold).

Line attenuation (line length/distance) is the major speed factor - the higher the attenuation (distance) to slower your connection speed will be.

Erm not quite again..

Attenuation is affected by many more aspects than distance alone. You could live in the flat above the exchange and have a higher dB reading than someone a mile down the street.

Tesla MP3 2021
I personally wouldnt touch BT with a barge pole and if they were the only supplier in my area I would just get mobile broadband ;).....

Tesla MP3 2021
Erm not quite lol.

Erm not quite again..

Attenuation is affected by many more aspects than distance alone. You could live in the flat above the exchange and have a higher dB reading than someone a mile down the street.

Yeah Yeah Mr Griff....

But the main fact is if you have a high db reading on your line then your sync speed is going to be low.

Tesla MP3 2021
Line Attenuation.

"Line attention is in relation to the "loop loss" on your line.
The further you are away from the exchange the higher your attenuation figure will be as the signal loss increases.
The lower your attenuation figure the more chance you have of getting the faster speeds."

Megane Trophy #147
yes but if you live at the end of an exchange line some isps will not be able to offer you bb but others can whereas if you live next to your exchange more isps can offer you bb not sure why but they can

Racing Blue 182
I just signed up to 02

I pay £10.5 to BT for line rental and 02 broadband is £7.50 a month, with free wireless router and McAffee software for 3 computers....you just have to be an exsisting o2 customer to get this price.

Seems a bargain to me and cheapest out there