ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best courtesy car ever!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, as some of you may know I had a problem with an engine mount in the Cup last night, so it was gonna have to go in ASAP and get sorted as it was not fit to drive... :sick:

So, I ring the dealer this morning, tell them whats wrong and they said get the AA to bring it down and theyll sort it, but they had no car to loan me at such short notice as theyre all booked!!!

Right then, so I ring my mate Dave who is sales manager there and who I got my Cup off and explain the situation, so he says hell see me when I get there and hell sort our a car for me to take to work. Sorted!

The AA guy arrives, I tell him what I thinks wrong, he has a look and agrees with me that its the engine mount that bolts to the gearbox. He has a feel around and says the bolt feels loose, so knowing the engine has already been out for the gearbox swap we both assume its not been re-tightened properly.

He says if it is just that he can quickly sort it and it will be done. So he starts pulling bits off, removes the battery, gets to the mount, unbolts it and we find that the main bolt through the middle has not actually come out, but snapped!!! :eek:

Its just sheared off and most likely been over-tightened when they did the gearbox swap, so its just given way last night and thats it, only one bolt causing the problem.

Knowing he cant sort it now, he loads the car onto the transporter and we set off to the garage, where were greeted by my mate. We unload the car, I tell him whats wring and he says theyll get it sorted for me no probs. Then he gives me the keys to my courtesy car and says take this, but be careful and have it back by 6:00pm...

Who wants to guess what I got then!? :D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

LOL

The only reason I got that is because one of my mates is the sales manager at my local dealer! ;)

It would not be given to just anyone...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 11 December 2003

Sod going to work, chuck a sickie and spend the day on the road. What a quality car.
Thats why Ive not been to work yet... took this morning off now! :devilish:

Got stuff I need to do though, so going in for a bit this avo.

Keep it as long as you can...ring the dealer with a long list of things to be fixed on your car, make sure that its stuff that will take a while to order!! :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 11 December 2003

Keep it as long as you can...ring the dealer with a long list of things to be fixed on your car, make sure that its stuff that will take a while to order!! :devilish:
feckin right!!!

and go chop more bolts!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

You know its times like these that really want to make you misuse my moderator status.. ;)

nice one ... how does it compare to the unbeatable cup then ?

Nissan R35 GT-R

OK I feel that in light of the car you have borrowed, it is no longer apropriate for me to talk to you. Oh and we need an emotion for ENVY!

Only joking Rich mate - give us a report of how it feels next to the Cup when you get a chance. Oh and wash it - its more filthy than the pile of videos kept at the back of your wardrobe. :D

mayb u could borrow a few bits off the v6 2 put on ur cup when u get it back,im sure they wouldnt notice a few missing wings!;)