ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best sim only deal?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My tesco is epic, 30 day contract, 500 mins, unlimited data and texts for £10

That's s**t hot. It's just a shame you have to sign up for 12 months or I'd consider this myself.

Contractless, GG are still winning for me. So far I've spent £10 in 3 months on my phone, payback is awesome.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't, it's 30 days! No idea if if it's still available though.

Audi A5
That's s**t hot. It's just a shame you have to sign up for 12 months or I'd consider this myself.

Contractless, GG are still winning for me. So far I've spent £10 in 3 months on my phone, payback is awesome.

£10 in 3 months, payback? Please explain!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Yes, payback. I distribute sims and help out in the forum in my free time earning a little pay back. I like to help out and the extra credit is a bonus.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone recommend a deal with around 500 mins, 500 texts, 1Gb data with tethering?

Best I can find is O2's £20/month 12 month contract.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Tesco do that for £12.50 but with 5000 texts, but need to jailbreak your iphone if you want tethering.

or £15 on 30 day contract.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tesco do that for £12.50 but with 5000 texts, but need to jailbreak your iphone if you want tethering.

or £15 on 30 day contract.

Don't want to JB, so guessing the O2 one is best. £20 seems a lot sim only, I might aswell just get the new iPhone on an upgrade contract when it comes out.

Rav4
Hi,

Currently paying a lot of money on a rolling contract with o2.

Looking at simplicity deals with o2, 30 day rolling contracts and they are a lot more expensive compare to Virgin/Tesco Mobile.

For example;

Tesco

500 mins
5000 texts
1GB data
30 day rolling contract
£10 a month.

o2

600 mins
Unlimited texts
1GB data
30 day rolling contract
£31 a month.

o2 are a lot more expensive for nearly the same, sure there is 100 more minutes and unlimited texts, but I would never reach that.

Not too bothered about the network, but tethering is important.

One thing I love about o2 is it's visual voicemail on the iPhone.

So in summary;

1) Anyone recommend Tesco?
2) Tethering possible or still need jailbreak?
3) I wonder if I can mess around with the servers to get visual voicemail on tesco?

Thanks,

G.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i use tesco, it's identical to 02 in terms of signal, as it is 02.

But no visual voicemail and can't tether.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
If you want my mate has a phone shop and can get an 02 sim with unlimited minutes + 1gb data for £8 a month, uyes £8 a month.

Its via cash back and all fine. I have been doing it for a while and the cheques keep coming!!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
If you want my mate has a phone shop and can get an 02 sim with unlimited minutes + 1gb data for £8 a month, uyes £8 a month.

Its via cash back and all fine. I have been doing it for a while and the cheques keep coming!!

How does that work mate?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I recently changed from o2 at £21 to three for £12, 30 day contract and get 200 mins unlimited txts and unlimited data. Wish i didnt bother, three must give your number out, i have calls all the time asking if i want to make any accident claims etc! Really annoying, no i dont! I might change to tesco and go for more minutes with just 1gb data as im sure the 1gb will still be enough anyway.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
How does that work mate?

You pay the original contract which is £18 and every quarter he sends you a cheque for £50 which reduces the line rental to £8. Those figures are just quotes as i am crap at arithmetic. He also sorts out all the cashback for you, you dont have to send any bills off etc as thats what the high street companies take advantage off as people forget to send their bills or send late etc.

I think as a Dealer he gets a big bonus off the networks and passes the savings back to you and he pockets the difference. My current sim only deal is £3 a month, but that was a special offer at the time.

He is an affiliate of www.e2save.com & the Carphone warehouse. His deals that come up from time to time are so good that no one believes me.

It was really big 4-5 years ago but alot of Dodgy Indians flooded the market took loads of money and stopped giving cashback before the full time of the contract and shut their shops.

Rav4
You pay the original contract which is £18 and every quarter he sends you a cheque for £50 which reduces the line rental to £8. Those figures are just quotes as i am crap at arithmetic. He also sorts out all the cashback for you, you dont have to send any bills off etc as thats what the high street companies take advantage off as people forget to send their bills or send late etc.

I think as a Dealer he gets a big bonus off the networks and passes the savings back to you and he pockets the difference. My current sim only deal is £3 a month, but that was a special offer at the time.

He is an affiliate of www.e2save.com & the Carphone warehouse. His deals that come up from time to time are so good that no one believes me.

It was really big 4-5 years ago but alot of Dodgy Indians flooded the market took loads of money and stopped giving cashback before the full time of the contract and shut their shops.

Confused about your numbers and tariff, but might be interested.

I am definitely considering Tesco mobile, the only thing that is putting me off is tethering and visual voicemail (use both)

What is talkmobile like, never used them before?

Thanks very much