ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to create a simple front end webpage.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
By front end, I mean a page which contains links to other parts of the site.

For example I currently have www.lukebroad.com as a gallery, but I also have www.lukebroad.com/forum etc etc.

I would like a front page that looks decent, which contains links to the gallery/forum etc (I would move the gallery from my root folder).

I have got dreamweaver, however I am hopeless with it... Can any one reccomend what I am best off doing? Know of any templates or anything?

Luke.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Dreamweaver is simples. If you can't manage it with that, god only knows how you've managed to do a forum and gallery. In fact, I'm amazed you managed to get dressed in the mornings. It really is that simple! Unless you've turned off the WYSIWYG bit.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Dreamweaver is simples. If you can't manage it with that, god only knows how you've managed to do a forum and gallery. In fact, I'm amazed you managed to get dressed in the mornings. It really is that simple! Unless you've turned off the WYSIWYG bit.

The thing with DW that confuses me is, its not really WYSIWYG is it. If i wanna put a picture in there, it bangs it in a fixed position. If it was proper WYSIWYG it would f**king move where I put it. But it doesn't.

Help mmeeee :( :(

PS Your mum dresses me.
/mature:eek:

Better than yours. C*nt.
No WYSIWYG HTML editor can manage that I'm afraid - you have to use tables (make the lines invisdible) or justification if you want it left or right.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
You just need a simple menu.

Home | Gallery | Forum | Contact

Will do fine.
Which is exactly what I am trying to do. Kinda like the front page on CS.

Mike - If i make a massive table (or are they called divs?) can't i just bash everything in that?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Draw some thing up in photoshop. Drop it into DW then just set some hyper areas. probs the most simple way to do it.

Which is exactly what I am trying to do. Kinda like the front page on CS.

Mike - If i make a massive table (or are they called divs?) can't i just bash everything in that?

If you want it like that, do like said above and draw it all in Photoshop and set the areas.

If you just want it text based, just select the word and then type the address in the bottom box as a link.

The 'tools' box that is usually at the bottom but you don't want it as the background. Just in a table and in the middle, make the rest transparent.

There will be a few shapes, I think they're blue. Click one of those and that will let you draw a box/shape that is the clickable area for a link.