ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bigger Injectors

Clio 200
Hi people, need some help on the topic of injectors for a tuned NA engine. I have done some searching and it seems like either IWP043 or Meg injectors are the way to go?

However, I've found many different references stating different sizes for the Meg injectors, such as...390cc, 430cc, 440cc, 480cc!! So either people are talking about different Meg injectors(?) or there is a fair bit of misinformation about?

Fitment wise to start with I'd need them to fit a Mk3 Clio inlet manifold and then later into Jenvey SF bodies. So aslong as they are PICO I belive that will surfice, or are there any variances in nozzle lengths etc?
Using an online calculator I'd estimate about 330-350cc would be ideal, but quality of spray pattern of course is important.

Another option is the R3 Maxi's use an uprated injector - anyone know about this (part number: 77 11 160 680)?

Cheers

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Your 197 injectors will be fine for the power you'll be running mate. Just up the pressure if there's any concerns. Alternatively you could use Meg 250 injectors as they've got the same nozzle on them as a 197 injector I believe.

Clio 200
I think it'll be close now as the R3 Maxi 230 (~227bhp) runs a bigger injector and I'm going to be pretty much on that power when I fix my exhaust. Certainly I'll be expecting to do 220bhp. Then on ITB's who knows! - bit of an unknown but it's def my intention to run them.
However I am def going to stick it on a standalone asap so thought I'd take the opportunity to get the right injectors in there now.

Does the mk3 use a standard PICO fitment or is it special with long nozzles? Are IWP043's normal PICO and what about Meg 225/230 and then the 250's you mention, I've seen DEKA mentioned a lot? - Could do with a run down of which injector is which and flow rates etc!