ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot wont lock

P

Philpott

everytime i lock car always change its lock by testing drives door and boot when walking away from car, but to did it and boot wont lock rest of car did except boot, HELP!!

Golf GT TDI
i had this very same problem. i just ignored it and after 2 months it started working again. i was well chuffed. but if you shut the boot hit the badge on boot then try and lock it might work. well it worked for me ;)

RSC 182 Cup
I have this problem now. At first I couldn't open the boot, now it wont lock. It does shut, but when I lock the car the boot doesn't lock.
Is this an expensive job to fix
Cheers

Titanium 182
Had it on my first clio, got it done under warranty but I'm sure it's not expensive and fairly simple to do yourself. Search the guides section I think there is one describving how to do it.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I faced this problem a while back, basically I took off the plastic shield from the boot to see all of the mechanism etc. Theres a metal rod that is used to lock and unlock the boot (it slides from side to side), there's one screw used to fix the piece it goes through to the car, if this is too tight/loose the rod won't push/pull.

If this fails then I don't know tbh, or if you need any further info PM me.

421 Cammed 172
Id also try unclipping the mechanism plug too and cleaning the connectors with some WD40 and a cloth before forking out for a new motor.

Might solve it.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I had the same problem... Just got a new boot lock from someone on here and that worked fine... No idea if I could have fixed it but nice and easy to change them over.

DCi 100
I faced this problem a while back, basically I took off the plastic shield from the boot to see all of the mechanism etc. Theres a metal rod that is used to lock and unlock the boot (it slides from side to side), there's one screw used to fix the piece it goes through to the car, if this is too tight/loose the rod won't push/pull.

If this fails then I don't know tbh, or if you need any further info PM me.

The little black box with the piece able to push in/out facing towards the near side of the car?

That was the reason my mates wasn't locking, he didn't have one! lol