ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bournemouth Air Festival 2009

I dragged the 120-300 2.8 to this, coughing and spluttering (and completely giving up for most of the red arrows display, bizarrely) before it goes off for its £155 service...it's cheaper to run my car!

Anyhow, something insane like 350,000 people on the Saturday when we went, great atmosphere and very very warm. Looking into the sun all day so not easy to shoot, but played around a bit...

628045427_crPsj-L.jpg

628074444_J4Va8-L.jpg

628051957_eephb-L.jpg

628068553_UUeiQ-L.jpg

628050650_6Zzgn-L.jpg

628059129_75Gnx-L.jpg

628058206_hQnXh-L.jpg

628042731_Jk3Ka-L.jpg

628054106_ZaLEx-L.jpg

628049095_EiFbn-L.jpg

What always stuns me with airshow photography is that the Red Arrows are almost always perfect in freeze frames. Sure they look amazing in the air, but moving at 150-300mph or whatever you kind of assume they would be slightly out of line/time...but no, in every shot they are absolutely bang on down to the smallest detail.

Si

RS Clio 172
some great shots. My parents were there. Heard the Eurofighter was as impressive as ever!

The Vulcan flew VERY low over the island on the saturday afternoon, guessing it was on its way there! such an impressive aircraft.

The Vulcan flew VERY low over the island on the saturday afternoon, guessing it was on its way there! such an impressive aircraft.

Nearly brought a tear to my eye, the Vulcan. Parents took me to airshows regularly as a kid and it was always my favourite, last saw it as a 10 year old in 1992, so it was amazing to see it again yesterday.

Porsche Boxster987S
Considering my 1.4tc wasn't working at all with my lens I was pretty chuffed with that one as I wasn't expecting to get any close shots, quite a bit of detail present...

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/photos/628051957_eephb-X3.jpg

Judging by the airflow and afterburner glow, he was shifting a bit.

its an amazing shot!! How loud are those things!!! I remember hearing one at an airshow in leuchars once and my word it makes your ears bleed

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'm helping out at my dad's work, so just a quick comment. They look to be absolutely cracking shots Chris - no doubt will look even better on a decent monitor! The red arrows display was when my lens gave up as well at Fairford, so had to spend most of their display with the 50mm on lol. Thankfully sorted itself out after though.

Awesome pics as usual Chris. Love the head on of the Red Arrows. Was unable to go as was out for the day with the grandchildren yesterday. Everyone must have been there as Paultons Park was not heaving.

Saw the Vulcan at Farnborough last year and like you the last time I saw it was in its final display year at Wroughton.

Oil Burner
Nice shots mate, Shame to hear the sigma is starting to give up on you.

Im not certain if its true or not, but i believe all sigma EX lenses are covered by a 3 year warranty, if your lens is an EX or under 3 years old im not sure.