ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brainstorming of clio mk II ph1

Clio II ph1 1.6 16V
Hi hello guys,

I have been reading you guys for a little while and I would like to chat with you about my car.
Sorry for my English, this is my second language. I will do my best :)

So we have a clio mk II ph1 which was a 1.2 v8,(bought to make a left hand drive :) ) and became a 1.6 16V initiale (have this little runner from london)

The winter is at corner so took the little down to a local garage, to change coolant new radiator, and do bits and pieces. Just got a call from the garage, the vehicle is ready. Also he told me he did a 12 point check on the car and it needs a lot more attention than what I have thought. (breaks suspension etc etc)

And here comes the brainstorming parts :)

The car will be a little sleeper with a megane engine and gearbox. This will happen next year after may, and the meantime, I would like to prepare my little buddy for the job.

What breaks do you recommend? Stick with the megane brakes?

As I need to change the brake it can not wait 'till next year as it is a daily runner, what i have in mind is to change the brakes for a clio 172. Is it gonna be ok with this setup?

Suspension oil or gas? what make would you use?

Clio II ph1 1.6 16V
Welcome to the forum! :)

I do not know if someone has transferred a megane engine into a Mk2 clio - will it fit??

As i'm reading the forum, I see so many conversion, the gearbox to fit the chassis needs a little fabrication. So it should fit. :)
But I have an other conversion in mind, which is laguna GT 2.0T engine with 205 bhp so this kind of power gonna give a big smile for me.
And also I can fit the laguna uch so I will have a "talking" onboard computer. (I had a laguna 2.0IDE initiale loved that feature :) ) No need to for a standalone ecu,no need to fabricate to much :)

Just picked up my little runner, and had to change the stat as the mechanic guy who changed the coolant and the radiator, told me that the stat is stuck open.
It is done but today I need to bleed the system 'cos maybe I made a mistake last night as i do not have heating.
But I prepared to take out the dash as I have a bad feeling about the heater matrix...

Attachments

• IMG_20181123_083123.jpg
    IMG_20181123_083123.jpg
    924.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20181123_124334.jpg
    IMG_20181123_124334.jpg
    810.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20181123_135002.jpg
    IMG_20181123_135002.jpg
    801.8 KB · Views: 71
The heater matrix is a common item to fail! You can pull the dash forward and work behind it, but it is a hassle.

Will the Laguna engine fit? Will it be very heavy?? 200+ bhp would be excellent!

Clio II ph1 1.6 16V
The heater matrix is a common item to fail! You can pull the dash forward and work behind it, but it is a hassle.

Will the Laguna engine fit? Will it be very heavy?? 200+ bhp would be excellent!

Second time I m changing heater matrix, last time I just took out the dash, was easier to get the job done.
Well, I hope it will going to fit, as megane engine can fit I would imagine the laguna will as well, same engine, well kind of :)
Exactly that is what I thought 200+ bhp is more than enough, yeahh well for me, never had a performance car, except the laguna but that was too big for the 140 bhp :)
Still diging the information how it could be done, and also searching for the workshop manual for the laguna GT to have a look what are parameters for that engine.

Everything will fit - but not everything will be easy ;) lol :D

I do not think anyone has used a Laguna engine before!

@STEVE.M often posts useful information on different technical things - he might have the Laguna engine information somewhere :)

Clio II ph1 1.6 16V

@STEVE.M often posts useful information on different technical things - he might have the Laguna engine information somewhere :)

Thanks for the contact!
Nor do I, the thing is that it is not easy to source the meggy :) and the other hand the laguna is easier to source. I have time to collect all the info, because this project of mine will start next may (ish)

PH2 172

The 2008 on Laguna had a F4RT-784 205 bhp fitted, so it should be possible.

On the other hand, the Megane 225 must have outsold the Laguna by a factor of 5.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-...=item468988c54f:g:~5MAAOSwIUFb9rnj:rk:23:pf:0

Clio II ph1 1.6 16V
The 2008 on Laguna had a F4RT-784 205 bhp fitted, so it should be possible.

On the other hand, the Megane 225 must have outsold the Laguna by a factor of 5.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-...=item468988c54f:g:~5MAAOSwIUFb9rnj:rk:23:pf:0

You are right, but in my country we do not have that much megane that is why I said it is easier to source the laguna.and also a bit cheaper as well, so I loose 25 bhp with the laguna engine but save a few hundred quid, so win win :)
White16valver mentioned, that you might have the laguna workshop manual, do you? Or any direction where to look for, that would be great.

Clio II ph1 1.6 16V
Also after the project I can use the laguna shell to repair a damaged one, and sell the repaired laguna. And again looking the used car market in my country much easier to sell a laguna than the megane rs.

PH2 172
You are right, but in my country we do not have that much megane that is why I said it is easier to source the laguna.and also a bit cheaper as well, so I loose 25 bhp with the laguna engine but save a few hundred quid, so win win :)
White16valver mentioned, that you might have the laguna workshop manual, do you? Or any direction where to look for, that would be great.

Sorry no manual, try here.

https://www.emanualonline.com/Cars/Renault/Laguna.htm