ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braking Fault! on dash.

Evo
Okay need an educated opinion and advice of someone whos worked on renaults before or a good technician.
Basic story i have a re-occuring problem with my car in the shape of BRAKING FAULT on the dash with a very irritating beep. Originally it'd come and stay on for say 30 or 40 miles before going out, but eventually stayed on.
After a couple weeks/300 miles i gave up on it dissapearing and it went to renaults. Fault codes picked up both rear abs sensors faulty, they checked and rechecked and couldnt find a problem with them so deleted the codes and sent me on my way. After brief advice on here i put it down to the car being on the rollers and thinking the two rear sensors were broke as they rear wheels remained stationary when the fronts spun up.
2 problem free months down the line and 10 metres from my garage one morning i get the same fault, took it back to renault and more or less same story, faulty rear sensors, changed this time and sent on my way.
a month later ( yesterday ) 10 metres from my garage once again and you guessed it, braking fault on my dash. Im reluctant to take it to renaults as their quality of work so far is dissapointing.

So to the matter at hand, which could be causing this problem? my garage suffers from quite bad brick dust and moisture, could it be fouling the sensors and merely require a good clean occasionally or is it something terminal like the ABS ecu etc? :(

Thanks for time and any advice, ben.

I had this problem on my old clio. Turned out i had a tooth missing on the abs ring. But im sure renault would of noticed if this was the case!

Evo
Surely if it was the abs rings it would throw the fault back up immediately?

Car only has 7000 miles on it.

Megane dci 130
It would throw up a fault immediately with a target fault. It could be anything really, I would surgest taking it to another renault dealer.

Evo
Fault found at different dealer. Well I say they found it but I'm guessing they're guessing too!

Parts to be changed for new items are abs sensors x4, abs pump, abs ecu and master cylinder!

If that dont work Im assuming they'll keep changing parts until the faulty item is renewed.

Evo
French cars are pants, but we love them :D

Its abit of character the first or even second time they let you down maybe yeah...

But to be in a dealer every other week with problems and only 7000 miles on the clock is pushing it too far, i hate em! :mad: