ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broadband

AK

M240i
I have just bought broadband, am on the phone just now lol.

Used to have it but it all went t*ts up.

I think all that o2 send out is the wireless box thingy (really not computer minded :eek:) so what else do i need to get the signal to the PC. Someone mentioned i'll need either a USB wireless receiver or something else?

Help!

Sorry if none of that made sense :eek:

If your computer doesn't have wireless you will need an adaptor to connect to it wirelessly. Alternatively you can connect to the box using an ethernet cable.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
You should have a filter, plug that into the phone line box, plug the internet cable in and plug it into the back of your wireless box. Then connect a ethernet cable from the wireless to the pc/laptop and set up wireless. pull wire out.

Job done :)

AK

M240i
Ah so i need to connect it via ethernet first to set up the wireless? Not just a case of installing a USB wireless receiver and letting it pick up the signal from the box?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
no. if you buy say a usb dongle, you plug it in, load the drivers and it will locate all wireless networks in range. you pick yours, enter your password - which if you dont have already, set it up - and thats you.

AK

M240i
Cool. So basically follow the guide to setting up the router that should arrive some time soon and then install a usb dongle and it should all connect :D?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
yeh. i dont think there will be much to do regarding installing the router. i just plugged mine in and it picked up everything itself.

AK

M240i
Swinton/baillieston :).

Right next to easterhouse train station. Often drive through Mt Vernon; or "mounty" as the younger ones call it :p.

Where bouts are you from (apart from the Buchanan galleries lol)

AK

M240i
coolio. That why your over this way?

You should stop buy and clean my car next time your in mounty ;)...

Edit: Theres actually an R27 and an R26 iirc just off the main road in mounty @ qwick fit.

Last edited:

AK

M240i
Lol. I'm normally at College in town on Thursdays hence the reason i seen your R27!

Convoy to Mounty next time LOL!