ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broadband

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is there anyway I can find out what sort of speed a house is getting without being there?

basically I want some decent Internet when I move house (or I at least don't want slower speeds) but obviously I have no access to the houses unless I go to view them.

​any ideas?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a bump - I'm moving in November (hopefully) and that open reach site says I will get up to 5.5. That's a considerable drop and I want more lol.

the site says the exchange is accepting orders.

anyone know what this means? How can I get fibre optic? Sky told me I can't get it when I rang them to move house but I didn't push it because I didn't know if the exchange was fibre ready anyway

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
looks like they only manage peer to peer and newsgroups in peak times.

most of my peer to peer downloading is done between 10pm and 6 am so i should be fine.

even so id rather be slow on a 30mb speed than average on a 5mb speed

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
they also have a set download quota that you cannot exceed within a certain timescale, which defeats the point of "unlimited". the only two truly unlimited companies are sky and bt

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im over the moon with VM for speed and thats via Wi-Fi

3061347714.png

3061351283.png

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I seriously doubt I'm gonna have any trouble. And like I said 60mb/s is a lot better than 5mb/s

when sky upgrade the area to fibre, then ill consider changing back but in the mean time what would you do?