ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT NAT Settings

Mito Sportiva 135
A BT issue with NAT settings which is driving me MAD! Basically it is always on strict and none of the advice on the BT website works. I have spoken to an Indian chap in a call centre which set it to open for about a minute before he "improved" this, and then it was back to strict and he couldn't work out how to open it again!

Basically I want someone to come to my flat from BT and fix this - I have had to endure this for nearly a year now and I have had enough of struggling to get into online games.

What would people recommend the best way of doing this, anyone else had similar issues with BT?

Thanks
Tom.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes mate it is...works fine when I am playing by myself (not like that!!!) just when I am in a party. Got to the point now where I want to throw it out the window.

And no disrespect to the people in the Indian call centres but they don't seem highly trained enough to sort things out.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah you just need to open the correct ports for XBL in the BT Home Hub (which I presume you have) so that you dont get a strict/moderate NAT.

I will see if I can find a decent link that should show you how to do it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Thanks mate but the guide didn't work. Spent 3 hours on the phone to BT too and no joy (except me wanting to throw my phone at the wall - imbeciles!)

Next steps? Short of cancelling my contract not sure what I can do?!?

Mito Sportiva 135
Right cancelled Bt and moved to Sky...but STILL having the same sort of issue :( However I have gone from strict to moderate - so some progress, kind of!!!!

At the end of my patience with this now, would it be something to do with my phone line itself causing this, maybe need a new filter or something? HIGHLY IRRITATING!!!!

Something Not French
Set your Xbox to static IP (google it - easily done) and then put that IP in the routers DMZ. Voila!

Bumder With A Buffer
Right cancelled Bt and moved to Sky...but STILL having the same sort of issue :( However I have gone from strict to moderate - so some progress, kind of!!!!

At the end of my patience with this now, would it be something to do with my phone line itself causing this, maybe need a new filter or something? HIGHLY IRRITATING!!!!

Its a problem with the BT homehub I believe.

I too am now with sky and have a moderate NAT according to my PS3....MW3 still reckons its "strict".

ROFL

Only affects that game which is odd.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I have a BT Homehub and it took 10 seconds to set up my xbox.. don't understand the problem you are all moaning about.

Polo BlueGT
I had this same problem. I spent ages on the phone to bt, turns out all you need to do is upgrade your xbl account. Basically I had made my account before the age of 16 and it had set it up as strict so to set it up I needed to change my age restriction. Changed that and the strict NAT settings disappeared.