ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BUDGET:£800~ OR £1200~

I am currently using a 5 year old pc which was bought brand new for £1000 and has served me well. I am now looking to upgrade and would like to build my new computer myself.

Before going on further i must say that i do ont use my computer for playing games and i do not intend to, however anything can happen ,hence the title.

I have never built a computer before and am very keen on doing so but it is not the building part i need help on, it is choosing the parts.

The budget must include everything for a working pc and also windows xp so that includes the monitor , keyboard and mouse...

There is one thing i must have which is the coolermaster r830 case (the balck one). Also it must have an intel core 2 processor (maybe the 2.4ghz one???) which i would be keen on overclocking to around 3.0ghz

Also I am thinking of having two hard drives (around 250gb each) although I am not sure on the technicalities I belive ican use one as backup so that whatever i save on one it also saves on the other?? And maybe around 2.0ghz ram

Please can you help me in deciding wether it is worth the extra money and which parts to choose.

Thanks for reading