ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 1*2 with limited service history

M2 Comp
I've looked at a 182 tonight and it looks in good condition and drives ok. However, I'm a bit concerned about its service history, or should I say lack of it!

The current owner has had it for 2 years and in that time he claims it has only had an oil change. Nothing else in the way of servicing. Before that, it has a full service history, including a receipt for belts/dephaser just before he bought it. In the 2 years he has owned it, I think it had only covered around 10/12k.

The car is cheap to be fair. Cheap to the point that I'm considering taking a risk and if any problems did arise, I'd have enough spare money to cover them.

I'm just a little worried that I'm asking for trouble buying a car with limited history and when I come to sell it I may have problems doing so with a 2 year gap in the service history.

Any advice appreciated.....

Monaco 172
If its got good SH before him and I would probably take the chance if the price is right, get it straight in for a service if you do buy it though!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
A normal service on a clio is just oil change and air/cabin filter anyway which is due every 12k or 2 years, so sounds fine.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah as said with that mileage, 2 years is the normal gap for a service on a Clio so it's not a major risk you'd be taking at all really!

clio 182 sport
i got mine with no service history lol, if its running fine all is good, i have always givin all off my cars a full good service anyways when i buy one so wouldnt bother me in the slightest, only thing that would put me off is if the belts were not done.

M2 Comp
Thought I'd just update this. I decided not to go for the car in the end, something didn't feel right about it, so I decided against it.

In the end, I got a 182 with Cup Packs and a Full Service History for not much more. So far it has proven to be faultless!