ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change - 172 non cup with AC

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, me again.

Having the belts due soon so I’m going to buy the Cambelt kit with water pump as per attached image - is this correct and original parts?

Will I also need the buy the aux belt and pullys separate to this?
If so, does anybody have a link?
IMG_1570.jpeg

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody?

I’ve messaged on eBay who I think is also on here but the reply is a bit vague.

I have asked if this includes the aux belt kit and they said yes, like in the picture.

Am I being dumb or isn’t the picture that of the Cambelt, outside of the box??

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
You'll want to make sure you get the cam seals (ones that sit behind the cam pulleys?), they come with the exhaust pulley nut and dephaser sealing plug.

As most of the time they aren't included.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
No that's not the genuine kit.

Get it from Renault Parts Direct.

Aux Belt kits seem to be on back order for ages now, so you might struggle finding one.

I read on here that these are the kits people recomended and the guy on here is called John boy or something?

That’s his eBay store, I’ve checked.

Confused lol.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I read on here that these are the kits people recomended and the guy on here is called John boy or something?

Confused lol.

It's not a bad brand but I always stick to the Renault/Gates belt kit.

Who's fitting it for you, can they supply it?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Jeez I’ve not looked for a while but guessing people are charging a grand to do belts these days

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member

Confused lol.
I've got all my kits off johnyboy-1 and they've always been genuine. It was a few years ago so he might not always supply genuine now. Just double-check first by dropping him a message.

The kit he's selling looks genuine bar the water pump.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I've got all my kits off johnyboy-1 and they've always been genuine. It was a few years ago so he might not always supply genuine now. Just double-check first by dropping him a message.

The kit he's selling looks genuine bar the water pump.

Didn’t get a good feel from the messages I received back to be honest on the eBay store he runs.

I have a friend who does the belts on these (yes with timing tools) so thought I would get the bits myself and go that way but after reading different opinions and none genuine parts being hit and miss I will just go to four ashes Renault again and let them deal with it.