ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cambs/Hunts Monthly Meet Idea Thread

What Saturday would be best for you?

• 1st Saturday of the month

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 2nd Saturday of the month

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 3rd Saturday of the month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4th Saturday of the month

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  Mk4 Mondeo Estate
As this areas new rep, I'm really keen to get a monthly meet started. This meet will be the same location every month.
The idea is for the meet to be at a local pub restaurant. At the moment I'm thinking of The Granary in Peterborough. We have used this location as a meet before, as the food is nice and there is a reasonable amount of parking spaces. This is also not far from the A1/A47 so isn't too bad to get to and also gives us the opportunity to move on for photos if that is what people want.
http://www.beefeater.co.uk/steak-restaurant/Cambridge/Granary-Orton-Wistow.html

If anyone else has got any ideas, feel free to throw them into the mix. I'll be looking to get this meet started in the new year.

Update - I've now come up with the idea of the location being at Brewers Fayre at Brampton Hut, which is at the A14/A1 junction. This place has plenty of parking, is central to the area I cover and the food is nice and reasonably priced.

@Euan94 @Goodj @Amos91 @benle @jord1995 @Dan... @brad259 @Corby G @Paul4d @Edo @xChewie @Damon65

Last edited:
  Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I'm not into car park meets, plus it'd be good to actually get to know the local members, which would be easy in this kind of setting.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Under an hour to get there so I don't have much problem with the location.

I'd be up for it!

renault clio 197
Yea this seems good I work just round the corner from there at the woodman on the opposite side of the golf course once I've sorted my cars problems I'll be good for this

Listerine & Poledo
I'm still weighing up options for the east Cambs area, something along a similar idea but more Cambridge / Newmarket way.
It's all about finding somewhere that's

1) not s**t
2) not mega£££££s
3) has local options for phototime, or pre-/post-meet event.
4) has spare parking for, say, 15 cars.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I'm still weighing up options for the east Cambs area, something along a similar idea but more Cambridge / Newmarket way.
It's all about finding somewhere that's

1) not s**t
2) not mega£££££s
3) has local options for phototime, or pre-/post-meet event.
4) has spare parking for, say, 15 cars.

That's what I've been struggling with too. Obviously I don't know that area at all, so all the ideas you have mate the better.
I know there's a Brewers Fayre at Brampton Hut Services, Huntingdon that has a fair amount of parking. Would probably be a bit more of a central meet for everyone including the northern parts of Northants?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
The missus and I have just been to the Brewers Fayre at Brampton Hut services. This was mainly to try the place out and see if it would be a suitable venue, which it seems to be.
There is a car park that will accommodate a CS meet and by using the new forums RSVP feature, I'll be able to book us all a table. The food is also reasonable and they also do a chicken feast all you can eat buffet for a tenner on Saturday nights.

I'd be looking to do this the first Saturday of each month and probably look at February being the first meet to allow everyone's bank balance to return to a more healthy state.

This sound ok for everyone?

@Goodj @Euan94 @Amos91 @benle @jord1995 @Dan... @brad259 @Corby G @Paul4d @Edo @xChewie @Damon65

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I look forward to seeing you both at the meet.
The location is about the best I could find to make it as equal for everyone.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
this Saturday then I'm guessing?
I was looking at making it the first Saturday in February because I know everyone will be slightly stretched with Christmas being less than a month away.

Will give everyone some notice aswell.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Makes sense
Does the location seem ok to you? I've tried to make it reasonably central for everyone. I know from Peterborough it's about 25 minutes and from Kettering it's about the same. I imagine it's probably about the same for you?

Listerine & Poledo
Peterborough isn't massively far, and by that time I can probably drive without fearing every puddle

clio 182
The missus and I have just been to the Brewers Fayre at Brampton Hut services. This was mainly to try the place out and see if it would be a suitable venue, which it seems to be.
There is a car park that will accommodate a CS meet and by using the new forums RSVP feature, I'll be able to book us all a table. The food is also reasonable and they also do a chicken feast all you can eat buffet for a tenner on Saturday nights.

I'd be looking to do this the first Saturday of each month and probably look at February being the first meet to allow everyone's bank balance to return to a more healthy state.

This sound ok for everyone?

@Goodj @Euan94 @Amos91 @benle @jord1995 @Dan... @brad259 @Corby G @Paul4d @Edo @xChewie @Damon65

clio 182
oops i just messed that up, hi im new just got a 182 and live in peterbourgh so up for a meet ..cheers paul

Clio 182
If it was a lunch affair then I could be up for it, perhaps do the Wansford run before hand Paul??

clio 182
sounds like a plan mate,so nice to be able to go out in bad wether,its just to much in the 7s :tongueout: i must be getting old :tired:

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
sounds like a plan mate,so nice to be able to go out in bad wether,its just to much in the 7s :tongueout: i must be getting old :tired:
Peterborough isn't massively far, and by that time I can probably drive without fearing every puddle
Peterborough to Ely is 45mins ish?
oops i just messed that up, hi im new just got a 182 and live in peterbourgh so up for a meet ..cheers paul
Everyone is always welcome and it will be good to meet up with a fellow member.
If it was a lunch affair then I could be up for it, perhaps do the Wansford run before hand Paul??
It'll more than likely be an Saturday evening, just so it doesn't clash with work for anyone.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
The poll has been up for almost a month now and it is an even split between the first and last Saturday of the month. This has led to a decision of having our monthly meet on the first Saturday of every month. This decision was made on the basis of a few members I know from this region go to the very popular Newark meet on the last Sunday of the month.
Having two meets in the same weekend would obviously limit attendances, so I believe the first Saturday of the month is the right decision.

Let's all get together in the new year and start building up the club side of CS in our area and then build up to having a monthly meet like the Newark meets.