ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera strap - which one? Show me yours!

Looking to get a new strap as the standard one on my Pentax is pretty pony!

Not keen on sling straps - gave them a try and not for me.

Any recommendations?

Was looking at UP straps form the US - no idea if you can get them in the UK:

http://www.upstrap-pro.com/product/SG-QR/SG-QR-K.html

Or

Optech Super Classic Strap:

http://optechusa.com/super-classic-strap.html

No idea whether Uni or pro loop is best.

Or

Although heard from a lot of people that th Tamrac N25 is excelent and very comfortable:

http://www.adorama.com/TRN25BK.html...te&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflAID021866

Any others I should take a look at?

Not sure on these sling kind of straps. Maybe I need to try one for a longer period of time.

Did briefly look at the rs4 and rs7 black rapids.

Tried some at lunch. Going for optech with uni-loop connectors. Allows me to also get optech sling strap and hand strap which can just clip on. Good value too.

When I'm walking around with my body and a big zoom lens at track I have it on a black rapid RS7
It's the one thing I would never sell I love it to bits

Mounted to the tripod mount on the lens you can actually angle the camera slightly and can go from it swinging by your hip to in hand and shooting in seconds.
I've caught some good track moments purely because of that strap

But yes if you want to carry more than one lens you either need a lens pouch on your other hip or I have a journalist style bag over my other shoulder and that works pretty well

I hate neck straps

The other thing I did have was an Optech wrist strap - that was pretty cool if your camera is light
Just stops you dropping it but you have the freedom of just carrying it in your hand

I've got the Op/Tech Pro Strap, looks like this:

OP-TECH-37012-Pro-Loop-Strap-for-Camera-Equipment-Black-0.jpg

I wouldn't mind trying a sling strap like the BlackRapid though.

They're expensive but VERY worth it

When walking around crowded events like BTCC I just keep one hand on it and in seconds it can be up at eye level and taking shots

Going to try the RS7 at the weekend. Anyone noticed the buckle causing any damage to the bottom of the camera with rubbing when stored?

I don't have any big lenses yet, but this may well change in the future!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Love my RS-7 JJ, good choice!
I usually unclip it when putting the camera in the bag - no issues either way

Even have the double Black Rapid harness I use for weddings/busier events

Will venture out over the South Downs this weekend. Probably take the Siggy 30 then next day the 18-135 for a bit of variety. Have the Matin comfort strap too, so will test both!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've just bought a blackrapid sport strap. Looking forward to testing it at the ring!

Looked at sport and sport 2. Was not sure if I fancied the under arm strap.

RS-7 does not seem to slip very much tbh.

Last edited:
Very true! Will see what happens when get a heavier lens. Can always buy the brad strap at a later date.

Do like the RS-7 though - its quite discreet.

Had the opportunity to try the Matin comfort neck/shoulder strap today. Was much better than the standard strap, can be worn around neck or over shoulder. Very soft neoprene and quite bouncy!

Trouble is, having tried the BR, it just felt clumsy bringing the camera up from under my arm, and the straps just seemed in the way!

Might look at the BR sport 2 as its smaller than than the original - got 30 days to decide!!