ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camerabox

I bought a lens from camerabox, I kind of guessed from the cheapness of it compared to other sites it was going to be an import.

But what arrived was a tatty box full of them foam packing things with the lens in the middle and no paperwork at all!

Sent back now as not happy with that level of service!

Anyone recommend any other cheap camera gear sites, I dont mind getting imports.... just boxed ones!

Ian

Focus TDCi
I've used a guy called Ian Kerso before and he's been able to get things cheaper than any of the online shops, keeps international warranty as well. I can't find the 17-85 on his price lists, but I'm sure if you get in touch he'll be able to help you.

He has an eBay (but the prices are higher on there due to the charges)
or you could sign up to talkphotography forum and send him a PM on there (username: kerso)

I think he basically buys in the US and ships to the UK. He has family in Scotland as well though.

Ian

Focus TDCi
No probs, hope he sorts something for you. :) Got me my 70-200mm for £465 (~£480 including paypal and postage) when Jessops wanted ~£540 for it and the cheapest I could find elsewhere was ~£500. Very quick delivery too. If you ask him for a Canon pricelist and Clearance pricelist he'll send you them as well.

His real name is Ian Kerr btw, my mistake! Not that it matters I suppose.