ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can any1 help me?

renault clio
my clio mk2 52reg is showing water and heating fault lights on dash, and it is just drinking the water i have to fill everyday. when the lights on my dash flash i lose all power in my car and i cant go any faster then 30mph. does any1 na what might be causing this problem and if so how do fix it???

M

mini-valver

What engine is it? Is it leaking anywhere or just burning it?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
same as what i had 2months ago, i sorted it out with Rad-weld, never had problem since then :) just keep a bottle ov water in the boot for a few months just incase tho..

everyone keep sayin its your head gasket etc, checked for mayo under cap, there was abit but its normal on a 1.2 16v as its condensation :)

M

mini-valver

Was gonna say, leave it running over some cardboard and see if you get any leaks. If you dont and the temp keeps rising and water level dropping, I'd be looking at HG.

None
If it is your HG id look around quite a lot i was getting quotes for 550+

Then found someone who did HG and Cambelt for 260

renault clio
well iv checked the oil cap and the dip stick, there is no creamy gunky stuff witch im lead to belive if that happens the head gasket on way out,

iv filled up the water and let all the air out and the water level seems to say fine on tick ova but if im driven round 20-30 mins the water lever gose down,

only thing i think cud be doing this is that iv had my readitour changed as the old one burst and the new one was smaller but i was told that wouldt make a difference

anyone got any idia??????????

thanks

M

mini-valver

Dont take it to Renault. Have you checked that the carpets inside your car aren't wet? Leaking heater matrix would have no signs of a leak under the car.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
you tried Rad-weld fella?

mine wasnt leakin from nowhere, but water was escaping, opend bonnet 1 morning and steam came out the radiator, then it went, never happend again yet water still went down, so rad-weld came in and solved it, :)

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
bump
i got the same problem
99 1.2 8v
my cars drinking water, only started bout a week ago.
whats rad-weld? a company that'll fix it?

also hot air keeps comin through my vents when the fans are off, is this just the car trying to cool its self down?

rad weld is a chemical u can buy from most motor factors. U put it into ur radiator and it seals when it comes into contact with air. Personally i dont trust it if ur radiator is leaking buy a new one as it is a short term fix in my mind unless you have just a tiny pin hole in your radiator.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
ah ok
why would my water be going down so quick do you think?
theres not a leak comin out the bottom, not that amount of water anyway.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Use rad weld or K-seal. Your coolant is probably leaking into your engine through a hole in your headgasket. Mine was doing the same, K-seal fixed it.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Depends how much it costs to get the opinion. ;) The symptons of mine were a lack of warm air coming from the heaters, steam out of the exhaust and having to fill up the coolant before every trip. It only costs £10 for the K-seal, I don't think it'll cause any problems even if the headgasket is fine. I'd ask the shop assistant before you buy it; they'll probably know more about it.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
well my cars been overheating really quick.
did an oil change and put a new oil breather on and it seems to of stopped over heating. however now i get hot air coming through the vents.

but the water is still goin down real quick.
ill go down a shop tomorow :)