ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can ay one tell me what up

clio sport 172
ok here the thing my cruise control is playing up big time ,liketurn it on green light come on , then you gotto use it,it either dont work or works then gose off a second later then you put back on and it go off then it will go off totaland you have to start from scratch , or will work for a few min then turn self off ,can any one help with what could be wrong thanks chris

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
there is a loose connection somwhere i think its by the clutch, i found it somewhere on here

clio sport 172
oh howcan i cheack that wouldit have any thing to do with i had my cambelt done 2 weeksago and it wasworking fine before
wouldit show up on a diag test ?

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Could be a faulty CC switch, does the switch actually stay in the on position or has it flicked back to off?

Another could be the brake or clutch switches out of adjustment.

Both switches are easy to reset. Remove the switches under the dash by the pedals and twist by about 90 degress. Gently pull the switch pin away from the body. Depress the brake / clutch pedals and refit the switches. Release the brake / clutch pedal, you should hear a clicking / ratchet sort of noise. Job done. Let me know if this cures the problem.

clio sport 172
DSC00155.gif

i gessig you mean the blue one on the cluch

DSC00156.gif

have removed and rest i think and put back in

DSC00157.gif

in place ,i let you know if this works , thaks

clio sport 172
first of all the crusie control did not work at all , then after driveing around for a wile it worked fine not drop out like it shuld ...... but .. if you catch the clutch pedel only sligtly , it kills it completly , and even if you turn it off and back on again dose not wana work again , for ages , so think i need a need cluch swich , waht do people think ??thanks for every ones help

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Good job mate. Just to make sure you have done it correctly. On the photo below, did you pull the grey part away from the switch body as far as possible? Did you fully depress the clutch pedal before fitting the switch back into position? Did you hear the clicking/ratchet sound when you slowly released the clutch pedal. If you followed all these instructions, then it's likely to be a switch fault. You can also do the same with the brake light switch.

Let me know how you get on.

Bob
clutch.jpg