ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant wait to buy a valver

After owning a clio 1.4rt for a year (below) I feel its time to upgrade to a valver. I love my RT but it aint got the go, and when my mates are upgrading to civic vti, bravo 2.0 20v HGT and a 200sx I need something to keep up. Well, with the civic and bravo anyway. But anyway I cant wait to get my hands on a valver they look and sound so much fun. I got a month to go until I can insure one £1600 tptf @ 18yrs with 1yrs nc. Sam

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/modifiedmotors/images/myclio10.jpg

Do you live in a low crime area? Cause Im 20, will have 1 years no claims in december and noone will even quote me on a valver or even an RSI! Ive tried Liverpool Victoria on the net. Would I be better ringing them?

Well I live in dorset so I suppose it is pretty low crime rate. Yeh ring up the companys. I rang a company called hyperperformance from max power. They were one of their preffered partners. Cant find the number to hand though, sorry. But ring around, I found that adrian flux wouldt touch me, and I got £2499 from Ist Quote. So it pays to ring around. Sam

Im 22 have no ncb and have not been driving legally for long. 6 months and i got quoted £1300 tp f & f... i have a 16v with full stainless.

Quote: Originally posted by number2301 on 24 July 2004

Do you live in a low crime area? Cause Im 20, will have 1 years no claims in december and noone will even quote me on a valver or even an RSI! Ive tried Liverpool Victoria on the net. Would I be better ringing them?
direct line also....

Admiral are first to try,they own Elephant and Bell direct but arnt always cheaper than them.
Tesco were no good for me,only other company to try IMO are Footman James

Picking my 16v up on monday, wanted to today, but it failed its mot coz of two tyres, a cracked right side foggy and a hole in the left indicator, £510 full comp with Highway via the AA, 4 y ncb.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Shouldnt have failed on the FOG LIGHTS as these are not necessary for passing an MOT. Not all cars have fog lights.

Welcome to the world of a valver!

im 22,4 years no claims,and my gf on my policy and im payin 558 pounds a year,although it should have been cheaper as i payin monthly lol

If you have fog lights they have to be in fully working order to pass the MOT. Anyway... not long till I get a valver. I am trying to find a good standard one with low miles but there just aint many around!!! Sam

Im paying £900 TPFT for my RSi, which was the best by far, i couldnt get anyone to quote me under 1.5k anywhere else (Im with elephant - good, but only problem is you have to pay your entire insurance premium upfront)

Quote: Originally posted by number2301 on 25 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 24 July 2004

Dont test front fogs as aaronc said!
All lights on the car need to be working, so take them off next time ;)
They just dont test them.. They didnt test my 1.2 fog lights anyway.. and they definetly dont fail cus they are cracked.

my fogs were not working when i took my car 4 mot and i didnt fail for it.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 25 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by number2301 on 25 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 24 July 2004

Dont test front fogs as aaronc said!
All lights on the car need to be working, so take them off next time ;)
They just dont test them.. They didnt test my 1.2 fog lights anyway.. and they definetly dont fail cus they are cracked.
[/QUOTE]

Revels Mum & Sister

Quote: Originally posted by samcourtney86 on 25 July 2004

If you have fog lights they have to be in fully working order to pass the MOT. Anyway... not long till I get a valver. I am trying to find a good standard one with low miles but there just aint many around!!! Sam
U are best of going for a Properly servived one around 70-90K Miles mate! That way all bigger jobs are done and dusted. Like cambelt. It seems around 50-60K a lot of Ancillarys parts start to need to be replaced.