ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car doesnt start unless you hold in the fob

clio 1.2
Hey guys, i bought a clio and it had a couple of problems, one was a broken sensor on top of the gearbox, the other was the starting of the car

What happens is it wont start off the key, i have to hold the button in on the key when the keys at position 2, then turn it back to position 1 holding the button in and it starts striaght up

when it doesnt start the immobiliser light flashes really fast, then once ive held the button in and turned it back the light stays on, anyone know whats wrong with it, i dont think its a big problem as it still starts

Cheers ladz

Mark

PH1 172
Not sure about the key fob tbh but the sensor on top of the box is the speedo sensor so do you have problems with your speedo. They are £22 from Renault and apparently easy to fit (I will hopefully be doing mine tomorrow). Can I ask why you bought a car with these problems?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i had this exact problem with my key. I temp fixed it by re-soldering a bit of cracked solder in the circuit board, but it only lasted couple days. Needed a new one in the end £170.

clio 1.2
i bought it because it was cheap, just the clips snapped on the plug of the gearbox sensor, i fitted a cable tie to hold it in place had no problems since with that.

its a 1.2 rn, is it likely to be the key, i can have a go resoldering it like but i only have 1 and id rather leave it as starting holding the fob rathering than not starting at all, i know what my luck is like

mark

Storm Grey 200
I can say that its deffo the key, get a new one from renault, or continue holding it down. Mine finally gave up and i got a new one, its all good now. I hear its a common fault.