ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not starting sometimes

For no apparent reason. Sometimes I get in and it's fine, sometimes I get in and it tries to start for a couple of seconds then just goes off. Try again, and it does the same. Leave it for a minute, it does the same or starts randomly. No warning lights on dash - any ideas?

You know when you say it doesn't start, when you turn the key to start it, is there no nothing there, i.e nothing even trying to fire/start?

Mine did this on the Cat&Fiddle meet, BenP fiddled with the sensor that's under the bonnet then it started.

TDC Sensor?

Mines does this. Doesn't start after a long journey or when its hot. Took the TDC sensor out, used carb cleaner on it, put it back and its been fine since

You know when you say it doesn't start, when you turn the key to start it, is there no nothing there, i.e nothing even trying to fire/start?

Mine did this on the Cat&Fiddle meet, BenP fiddled with the sensor that's under the bonnet then it started.
Tries to start for a couple of seconds then just stops on its own. Had the TDC sensor replaced with the new one + loom not too long ago, but could maybe be that it's got dirty.

What would I be looking out for to find that out mate?

Sometimes, I turn the ignition and it won't start, so I turn it further for a second and then turn it back off, then on and it'll start... but only sometimes.