ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car shampoo change

106 GTi
LOL Just a few want a list!

Current choices

CG Wash and Wax
Sonax Gloss Shampoo
1Z Exclusive Shampoo
Zymol Blue

Titanium 182 full fa
I use Sonax, leaves a real nice finish and its cheap too, which helps when you get in to detailing....

M

mij29

Can you detail every time you wash or just a couple of times a year??

al

ST on the way...
Don't like the Zymol Blue, it leaves a dull finish on the car.

Sonax is great tho!! :)

106 GTi
Washed mine with a 50/50 mix of Einzett 1Z Perls and 1Z Exclusive shampoo last night. never seen a finish like it just from a wash. I think I have made my choice.

M

mij29

Do you have to wax after you use megs clay?
I thought the finish looked better after i clayed mine than when i waxed it after,
used super resin polish AG.

106 GTi
You need to protect the paint with a wax or sealnt after claying yes. The clay takes the finish back to unprotected clean paint.

Ideally you should, Clay, Polish and Seal.

M

mij29

Cheers mate. Can you get the sealer out of halfrauds?
Does that go on like a wax?

106 GTi
Sealants are a mixture of products which normally last longer then a natural wax. Easyist find is Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

Clay, Autoglym Super Resin Polish and then Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

M

mij29

Rich said:
Sealants are a mixture of products which normally last longer then a natural wax. Easyist find is Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

Clay, Autoglym Super Resin Polish and then Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

cheers mate, i will give it a go.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm a fan of Megs Gold Class, but bought a load of AutoGlym shampoo from trade recently and it's pretty good too.

Haven't tried any of these newfangled shampoo's though!

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Gold Class is nice although I think I'm swinging towards both the Chemical guys Shampoos, both the Maxi suds and Body Wash N Wax are selling really well at the moment. The Sonus Gloss shamppo is also well worth a look though. It's even gentler than the Chmical Guys so doesn't strip wax.

Cheers Tim

Last edited: