ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAR WONT LOCK - HELP!

White APE
Need any info asap.

Had the car serviced at rentech earlier. 48k service with both belts done if that helps. Drove home to gf's house, parked and locked the car fine. Been out, got back to hers about an hour ago, unlocked the car as usual, drove home and now the damn thing wont lock!

Light on the key fob still comes on so i guess the battery is still ok. Also tried the spare. If i use the key hole on the passenger side it will only lock that door and not the others. If inside the car i press the lock button on the dash all the doors lock.

What the hells going on. Im not going to bed till i can lock it!

172 rep
Can't you press the lock button on the dash with the passenger door open, and then just shut it, should all then be locked, if the passenger door isn't you can just use the key to lock that one?

White APE
When i locked it from the inside, i opened the door to get out and it unlocks the whole car.

Ive just set the alarm off twice on it now. Not gunna be popular. Car is now barricaded at foot of drive with several cars blocking it in.

Cant work out what the fecks going on.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can't you press the lock button on the dash with the passenger door open, and then just shut it, should all then be locked, if the passenger door isn't you can just use the key to lock that one?

Bingo Bango.

Listen to this man. Even if he is a Jew. ;)

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
How is anyone going to know the car is unlocked? I can be a bit blonde at times and have left my car unlocked in the park and ride car park on several occasions by accident!

Monaco RS Clio 172
When i locked it from the inside, i opened the door to get out and it unlocks the whole car.

Ive just set the alarm off twice on it now. Not gunna be popular. Car is now barricaded at foot of drive with several cars blocking it in.

Cant work out what the fecks going on.

open passenger door, press lock on dash, LEAVE PASSENGER DOOR OPEN, get out shut it lock with key

job done

I do this + steering wheel lock every morning to warm her up for 10 mins while I eat me breakfast lol

White APE
open passenger door, press lock on dash, LEAVE PASSENGER DOOR OPEN, get out shut it lock with key

job done

I do this + steering wheel lock every morning to warm her up for 10 mins while I eat me breakfast lol

It wont work. Everytimg i do this it just sets the alarm off!!

Monaco RS Clio 172
It wont work. Everytimg i do this it just sets the alarm off!!

ah

it may just work for me because the engine is running, I only do this when warming her up

have you tried pushing alot harder on the fob button?

may be a low battery

light coming on means it is powerful enough to light the led, but not necessarily powerful enough to push out the signal

I could be wrong

EDIT

just seen that you tried a spare too

sadly I have no idea

try disconnecting the battery for a few hours? just saying it as that is what I would do to 'unconfuse' these computers

Monaco RS Clio 172
I know this is extreme but if you cannot sort it and cannot leave it unlocked

get in, double ignition on, drop drivers window, press lock button, climb out drivers window..

use the auto window up but quickly whip your keys out of the ignition as it starts to do up

nightmare solution but it will keep it locked and shouldn't provoke the alarm as it hasn't even set in that space of time, right?

White APE
That does sound extreme. lol

I was thinking maybe low bats in both keys? cant even get the fob open to put a new one in. can i get the batteries from anywhere or just reno?

AK

M240i
iirc the batteries are just standard batteries, should be able to pick them up from anywhere mate.

White APE
Ugh, Just been down reno, i know they're service dept is closed today but thought someone may be able to give me something usefull to work with. But no, typical renault customer service!

Went to auto factors too regarding batteries. Ask if he knew what batterie i need (i cant get the damn fob open!) and he wasnt sure but also said that if like vauxhalls, once the battery is removed you only have 1 min to get a new bat in.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
you haven't only got 1 min to get the battery in dude lol...

to get it open you have to get the key facing up and put your thumb on the back of it (it says renault and there is an arrow pointing up)

pull the bit where the plip is down and push the back of the key up.

it takes mega force but wont break!

Skoda Fabia vRS
they slide apart, they dont pull apart like some keys

stick a flat screwdriver in the gap where the keyring goes and push the end forward in the direction of the arrow on the key

the battery is more than likely 1 x CR1220

White APE
Fecking renaults!!

Pulled out all associated fuses, none broken, cleaned up the contacts on some of them an voila! She locks!

Thanks for everyone's help!