ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking Dilemma

Vantage
PH1 172

When I press lock on the keypad it only closes the driver side and boot door
so every time i lock up.. ive got to lock the passenger door using the key..

what could be the problem?

and how can it be fixed?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
motor has mayb gone in the passenger door needs stripped out and check its not fucked. jst changed a boot lock on ma mates clio coz the motor was fucked.

Vantage
oh ok.. forgot to mention
...sometimes, if im lucky it gets locked.. so i guess it is a bit dodgy

anyone know where i could purchase a motor from?

Last edited:
  Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
It may be the motor in the door lock or it could be a broken wire in the conduit from the A post to the door. Really need to remove the door card and check to see if you are getting +12v and an earth to the motor when operating the central locking, this also swops polarity evertime you use the central locking. It will only be a pulsed 12v not constant and If there is no voltage then check the loom for breakages.

Hope that helps.

Cup and R6
Have the same problem on my Ph2 Cup

took it to my mechanic today who had a little play with the door and mentioned it will probably be the actuator because he couldnt even feel or hear the click in the door when i pressed my FOB, he says any 2 door clio actuator will do, so check some scrappies, for a tenner or so its worth a try! :approve:

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Have the same problem on my Ph2 Cup

took it to my mechanic today who had a little play with the door and mentioned it will probably be the actuator because he couldnt even feel or hear the click in the door when i pressed my FOB, he says any 2 door clio actuator will do, so check some scrappies, for a tenner or so its worth a try! :approve:

Same result with no power getting to the motor.

Cup and R6
Same result with no power getting to the motor.

any ideas of a price on a motor?

i only found out today the drivers door didnt lock, then tried it manually and the key barrell was stuck! my heart sank, but luckily a bit of elbow grease got the barrell working again, suppose ill have to get used to these french niggles lol