ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking Fault!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd pop up a thread here too seen as its a fault and I need a solution. Basically yesterday morning I parked up as normal and pressed the fob to lock my car. Got back to the car after college in the afternoon to find it wouldn't unlock without doing it manually. Fob light still flashes when I press it, today I've changed the battery just in case and tried to reprogram the fob to the car several times but still nothing happens when I press the fob. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. Thanks in advance :)

1.6 Ford Focus
Can you hear the car locking when you press the button?

I had a similar problem over the weekend where the driver door wouldn't lock or unlock unless I did it manually. It seams unlikely that all your doors failed at the same time but I had to remove the door card, clean the locking mechanism up and spray it with some WD40 to get it working again.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing happens at all when I press the fob button. The doors lock and unlock fine with the central locking button in the car. Rang Renault up today and they seem to thing its the key so I'm looking at around £150 FFS :(