ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My central locking isnt working, as the sensor has got wet and corroded everything...

trying to keep things as cheap as possible with this car i went to my local scrap yard and got a central locking sensor from the same model nd age car and the key to go with it, will it work if i swap the circuit board thing from the key i got from the scrap yard with the one that is in my key? or am i just wasting my time?

any help will be appriciated

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Its a Mk2 Ph1 T Reg 1.2 8V Chassis Number is VF1CBOAOF19767628 (not sure is the O are 0 lol)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
It wont work with the new key you got. The plip keys are coded to the ECU and UCH. If you take a plip off another car with the reciever unit and fit it to your car it wont start and they immobiliser may kick in. If your reciever ( next to interior light ) was wet you first of all need to solve the water leak problem. Most common fault is the roof aerial seal. Undo the ariel and replace the seal or reseal it with a silicone based compound that repels water. Hold a hose over the aeriel once done and re-check for leaks. Once the leak has stopped just replace the reciever and use your existing key. This should now work. If not the key may have lost its code and will need re-coding.

If you take a key / plip off a donor car you need the ECU and the UCH to go with it as they are all coded together. The ECU numbers must match and you will also need the chassis number off the donor vehicle so you can obtain the immobiliser code for the ECU kit youve taken off it for future reprogramming.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Atm off the donar car i have the key chip and the sensor in the roof, and from what i gather u think if i get the ECU providing the numbers are the same i can get it coded in? Also whats a UCH :eek:

im getting all these parts free so im just trying anything before i splash out £200 for new key/sensor etc lol

Edit: also iv put the chip into my key and plugged the sensor in and the car still starts and runs fine, and i sorted the leak problem out too