ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap HDMI leads?

6/468 17poo
Is there a specific reason for buying say a £30 hdmi lead rather than a £10 lead?

Is there much visual difference, its for a 360 to sony w5500 tv.

Never done the test with HDMI but with DVI which is for all intents and purposes the same for the video stream, there was very little difference on 8foot wide screen.

It's all a myth. Its a digital connection so theres no difference.

There is most certainly a difference, but for the most part not worth the extra money.

The thing with digital connections is that its not the cable thats the important bit, its a good connection that is.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
There is most certainly a difference, but for the most part not worth the extra money.

The thing with digital connections is that its not the cable thats the important bit, its a good connection that is.

lol. There most certainly isn't. To paraphrase a comment I read about an uber expensive cable for a digital bus....

Not only are my 1's and 0's better now, but in addition I also get 2's and 3's now!

Read my comment again.

I am not saying the CABLE makes any difference, but the CONNECTORS that are on the cable is where there can be differences, however small. A good connection will provide less errors in the signal which means that the error checking part of the unit recieving the signal has to cope with less errors which in turn can result in better results. be this auidble or visual.