ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chester Zoo!

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'd been trying to get my mates to go to the zoo for aages, but no-one was for having it. But, after a quick round of phonecalls on Sunday night my mate decided it would be a good idea for me to drive everyone to Chester Zoo the next day, very thoughtful of him!

So Monday morning and five of us crammed into the Clio and off we went to spend seven hours messing around at the zoo. Funnily enough we didn't see too many other 21 year olds there lol. :)

3795063408_3b5a6330c8_o.jpg

3794583005_fbcb68280b_o.jpg

3794399513_4339e371a1_o.jpg

3795265216_dfc631bfed_o.jpg

#5 - This looks better about 3metres back from the screen, promise! It was taken in 'unfavourable' conditions shall we say!
3793826464_908a15d42c_o.jpg

3794486909_6795a197a7_o.png

3793780196_6484ed3427_o.jpg

3792955165_29fc16caa3_o.jpg

3795318966_33e9fa0705_o.jpg

3794521021_b901655e34_o.png

3794133727_d372c26416_o.jpg

3794571915_ba1e435b37_o.jpg

Flickr set here. A few of these really pushed the limits, both in terms of my camera and lens, and also me; hopefully they're ok though.

Danke schön!
Ian

Some really good shots there mate.

Have you edited 5 & 8? They look a bit dark/processed, bordering on HDR? Not really sure if that's what I really mean! lol.. They just look a bit different.

I like No10 :)

Ian

Focus TDCi

Have you edited 5 & 8? They look a bit dark/processed, bordering on HDR? Not really sure if that's what I really mean! lol.. They just look a bit different.

Cheers pal.

Damnit knew this would happen lol. Got the impresion from some comments that the Oulton Park set were a bit dull, so tried to make these pop a bit; more than I would have done otherwise. Although, most of them look really vivid straight from the off, can't explain why.. it was a really overcast day.

#5 - Has had the most editing yep. However, only because it was taken in the breeding centre, so dark and only two small windows about
25ft up and through glass. Was at ISO 1600 and 1/80th at 200mm handheld so I'm surprised it came out at all tbh. It's my favourite though. :eek:

#8 - Hardly any editing at all! Increased exposure, Black clipping +5 and clarity increased. Probably clarity's fault I guess.

Nice photos, your Flickr page is set to private.

Ah cheers, will sort it now.

Nice set Ian, really like #6 and #10. You did well to capture the sea lion with that level of sharpness - steady hands!

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
Awesome shot Ian but m not to pleased with #5.. haha.. All in all they are beautiful mate

Ian

Focus TDCi
Thanks for the comments. :)

My best mate works there, I'll tell him to have a look at your photos.

I would get really excited about this and try and snaffle some free tickets, but I know how many people contribute photos to their site so I'll keep quiet. :) Be great to hear what he thinks though. I'd be planning a return trip if it wasn't £14 a pop, but it's understandable. There was one of the keepers watching me take photos in the chimpanzee breeding centre, felt really self conscious!

Awesome shot Ian but m not to pleased with #5.. haha.. All in all they are beautiful mate

Lol.. you all need to take a few steps back. :dapprove: I think I just have a soft spot for them; they are *so* human in their habits. I'll post up some unedited versions in a bit.

EDIT:

Also, as I'm such a damn perfectionist, if anyone wants to have a go at editing them so I can see how you'd prefer them to look, I really don't mind you doing that. These are 1000px, or I'll send you the RAW files if you want instead.

Can always rate the thread too, so I've got something to gauge it on. :)

Last edited:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol shhh. I can't afford any numberplates. :D

You both know that you're right, so I won't argue against it lol. It's shaped me into the fine young nervous wreck you see before you today. :p

Glad you like some of them anyway. Onwards and upwards, or something equally as cheesy.

Lol shhh. I can't afford any numberplates. :D

You both know that you're right, so I won't argue against it lol. It's shaped me into the fine young nervous wreck you see before you today. :p

Glad you like some of them anyway. Onwards and upwards, or something equally as cheesy.

Just get pissed off with it and decide not to enjoy it anymore, that's my way of improving lol.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Nice picture mate, that lion looks tired :(

Cheers Ben. First time we passed by, they were both sat looking extremely bored:

3795553987_1101025c61.jpg

Then as we were walking round later on we could hear him roaring from a mile off, which is when I took that other photo.

Stupid enclosure in terms of photography, couldn't get anywhere near the inner fence, so had to aim through the mesh from a foot or two away. Then again, the whole place was like that; a lot of the animals seemed to be hidden away, or missing completely.

Probably should have left the others like this photo I guess, just an autotone.

I tried to edit but photoshop says I'm missing a plug in.

I did this when I tried to edit my own. Hence now I only shoot in JPEG! lol..