ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning inside Xenons

CS Dungeon
If you take the bulb holder out can you get a stick with a micro fibre wrapped around the end in there?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm not sure as I don't have a set

I've seen a set for sale that has a condensation mark on the inside of the lens

Don't want to buy them and end up not being able to get the mark off

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just seems a bit strange that the guy hasn't sorted the condensation mark before putting the lamps up for sale :S

Maz

LY 200
Won't they be a bit dodgy if they have been exposed to moisture ?? thought that was the whole idea of having the caps on the back of them to stop this heppening and dust etc getting in ??

But as always I could be wrong :)

106 GTi
The inside of the outer lenses themselves are not sealed units hence there tendancy to mist up inside on damp wet days.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
There is no way of cleaning inside them im afraid.

They do build up condensation when the back covers have not been fully applied to seal them up.

There are "breathers" on the back also, they normally get clogged up.

If those were blocked and/or the back covers let moisture in, its not an easy job to remove all the water.

A few days in the airing cupboard will help, but any marks left will always be visible.

these the ones on ebay yeah? was told by renault that they cannot be cleaned as Has said.

jamie

172 cup'd extreme
take the bulb out and point a hairdryer in the hole with medium heat then get some silica gel bags and put them in the lights behind the lenses no more problem

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
take the bulb out and point a hairdryer in the hole with medium heat then get some silica gel bags and put them in the lights behind the lenses no more problem

Good idea for water issues.

I think he was on about the marks left by the water. They can be quite bad at times.