ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Products for Bug Removal?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi Guys (Rich...lol)
Does anyone have any good products for getting rid of bugs? A/G seems the obvious but unfortunately they don't stock it here in the UAE.
I've tried rubbing away with super resin polish,wax,but it just seems stuck on!!!
John

106 GTi
I never use anything bar soap and water and a splash of QD on the odd stubbon ones. Had a fair collection from the trip to the GP and back at the weekend, and all just came of with the cars soap and wash mitt. Wax and sealant must stop them bodong on so badly.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I've literally rubbed for my life and they won't come off,its almost like a stain now..i'll take a pic and see what you think...

Lionel Richie
just been to the jet wash, it worked (front bumper has stone chips the size of 10p coins, hence the jet wash)

LY V6 with Recaros
Do they damage the paintwork if you leave them on, because I can't shift them off mine!

Any kind of wax Polish gets them off, or just a good shampoo going over tends to work most of the time, I never bother wastingmoney on bug of tar remover,
For Tar just spray abit of WD40 on a cloth and it comes straight off

ST
My bumper looked like this yesterday after some back road action on Satruday night..

Some warm towels hung over the windscreen, bonnet, bumper and headlights..leave for 5 mins, lift off carefully, give the car a good wash....

The flys will also come off easier if the car has a good layer of protection..i.e polished, sealed and waxed properly..

Before...

Last edited:
Alan said:
My bumper looked like this yesterday after some back road action on Satruday night..

Some warm towels hung over the windscreen, bonnet, bumper and headlights..leave for 5 mins, lift off carefully, give the car a good wash....

The flys will also come off easier if the car has a good layer of protection..i.e polished, sealed and waxed properly..

Before...
Bet you had half of Britains Fly population on the car in that pic

106 GTi
After I jet washed the paint of an old works van, hell yeah.

Twas a ford tho!

Arches and undercarriage only here!