ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning service

White APE
Just getting my camera ready for use tomorrow at the air show and tried cleaning the internals a bit with a lens pen and rocket and things have just got worse so that now any picture is ruined.

Im just making things worse and now cant use it tomorrow :mad:

Can anyone recommened anyone that is good at cleaning the internals of the camera (Nikon D60)

Cheers

Cupra
Did you use the lens pen on the sensor?

Jessops or most other camera shops should be able to offer a cleaning service. You could always post an SOS on talkphotography and see if somebody local with experience can help you out.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I got one of those Jessops kits the other day, which has the lens tissues, spray, buds, cloths etc... I cant believe how much better it has made my pictures!!!! I cleaned my 10-20 for about 10 minutes, there was so much dirt and crap in it, its crystal clear now!

The Green Clean (http://www.green-clean.at/en/camera/wet-dry/) system is brilliant, you need to take your time and do it properly, but it tidied up my D50 beautifully.

Does the D60 have ultra-sonic internal cleaning? I've been amazed by the system in my D90, had it nearly two years now and it's spotless despite the fact I've never cleaned it at all.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Please don't tell me you have used a lens pen on your sensor?!

I uses sensor swabs made by just. They fit well to your sensor size. Also you must use Eclipse cleaning fluid as this evaporates from your sensor leaving no residue.

It is very easy to ruin your sensor if you don't know what you are doing, so be careful.

Oh and if you want to send your camera off for cleaning (£38.95 incl. return p&p) try PJ Camera repairs in Stoke-on-Trent. http://www.pjcamerarepairs.co.uk/

White APE
Sorry for late reply

Turns out I got myself muddled up. Blame it on bad day/ headache. Quite frankly I threw a Girly hissy fit

Wasn't anywhere near my sensor. I now realise this is behind the mirror bit. Most of the crap appears to be on the top part as you look onto the chamber. Think it's the area that just goes to the view finder so when I look through it I can see loads of crap but it's not appearing on the actually photo.

However I do still have some dirt on something somewhere as there ate defects on my photos.

Can anyone advise the best way to clear the crap on the view finder part?

Thanks for all the advice so far and aplogies for my c**k up and confusion.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
I recently fucked my focussing screen up by attempting to clean it, if the pressure is to hard, you may (as in my case) permanently scratch it. Then you have to either get it professionally fixed or spend about an hour fiddling with tweezers, a new focussing screen from HK whilst trying not to mark it again.

If you can't shift the dust with a rocket blower, then my advice is to leave it be. As you said, it is not going to show in the final image.