ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Issue

Hi guys have a issue and need some advice.
I have a 172 PH2 and when i put my climate on say like 20 degrees nice and cool as i go up there is no change at all still nice and cool all the way to 25 degrees where it is still nice and cool. If i put it on max it is hot. I have no in between. Any ideas have searched the forum and have not come across anything. Thanks!!

could it be the aspirator fans not working or even unplugged? its located in the interior light housing & normally makes an annoying buzz - i've read people unplug them to stop the noise so it might be that its not detecting the temperature properly

Rite bit of a update, had a play about and i have noticed the following. When i have the heaters directed at the floor the temperature works fine can go from cold to hot and it changes with every degree. If how ever i use the dashboard vents or the windscreen vents it blows cold either on cold or hot, but if i put it onto max it will be warm then.? I have checked the sensor thing by the interior light it is plugged in and buzzing away. Im just stuck now and have no idea where to go. This is really confusing and im boggled!

williams,5 turbo,kangoo
i have changed the control panel on scenics and meganes for this problem havent had it on a clio but worth swapping with someone to check.....

so u think it might be the control panel where u adjust the temp and change the setting? why do u think its this as if u change which vent to use i.e on the floor or windscreen u hear the motor change the vent flaps?

Shadowsun and any body else with this problem. Had a few spare hours today so decided to have a bit of a look at what could be the problem. I think i have realised what is causing it. I think it is the ambient temperature sensor (one under passenger door mirror) mine always reads in the 40+ and once unpluged heaters work perfect. all i can think is when its reading 40+ the car thinks well if it is that hot outside you wont need hot air inside. I have a new sensor coming tommorow ill report if it works but i think i may have cured it.