ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Oxygen Sensor Problem

Hi guys, just wondering if someone out there might be able to shine some light on a situation for me. Was driving up to my girlfriends last night, about a 40-mile drive, and half way my car started to judder. Losing all power I pulled into a lay by of the a14... Long story short, its been losing power momentarily for a couple weeks now, and kicks in vigorously again, jolting me backward. Although last night was the first time the check engine light came on (flashing). After reading a few things, and phoning a few people that have worked on clios, I have narrowed it down to the oxygen sensor. Only problem is; money is tight, so its going to be a jobby for me. Heres the next problem. Is this the oxygen sensor? I haven't done this kind of thing before, so is this what im going to have to change? or will I have to tear half the engine apart...
IMG_0472.JPG

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Get it hooked up to diagnostics/code reader see if anything has been logged. I do remember a while back on my Clio where it was intermittently losing power for a second or two, you'd give it throttle and it would struggle to rev then all of a sudden it would kick back into life and drive normally. That turned out to be an O2 sensor issue. But yeah don't just throw parts at it without getting diagnostics.

Get it hooked up to diagnostics/code reader see if anything has been logged. I do remember a while back on my Clio where it was intermittently losing power for a second or two, you'd give it throttle and it would struggle to rev then all of a sudden it would kick back into life and drive normally. That turned out to be an O2 sensor issue. But yeah don't just throw parts at it without getting diagnostics.
That's exactly what mine is doing... Currently in kwikfit having it hooked up... £35 later hopefully i'll know the issue.. Only problem that i can think they'll have is the engine light didn't stay on after i restrarted the car... It stayed off?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
That's exactly what mine is doing... Currently in kwikfit having it hooked up... £35 later hopefully i'll know the issue.. Only problem that i can think they'll have is the engine light didn't stay on after i restrarted the car... It stayed off?

Yeah my engine light would come on then disappear. Should have logged a code then, mine did when I hooked up my code reader.

Yeah my engine light would come on then disappear. Should have logged a code then, mine did when I hooked up my code reader.
So diagnostics is over. They couldn't pin point the problem as it wasn't showing an engine code, resulting in them not charging me due to not being able to find a specific problem, BONUS! The guy said it could be the fuel injector pack or the o2 sensor. So i shall replace both of these, and hopefully, it will fix the issue! :)

Good luck with the fix :smile:
£50 later on a new Lambda Sensor, and socket. The problem seems to have fixed its self. I also bought new ignition coils and leads, although got sent the ones for the standard 2008 clio. Joys of having a campus, so they don't fit. All is looking good for now though :D