ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 1.8t swap

Clio 172
Hi there was just wondering if it was possible to swap a 1.8t s3 engine in this and what it would need

Yeah possible, a dude on here had an boggo spec Clio sleeper TT. Thee's others in here too.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Not really worth it though unless you've got the engine for nothing.

1.8T isn't exactly amazing in terms of performance, sub 300bhp is (very) cheap, but beyond that it gets expensive quick.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Granted but a 300bhp Clio would be exceptionally quick!

Yea but it's also something you can do with the forged original or Megane engine so it's not really anything special.
Just seems like a bunch extra hassle to end up with the same results.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I've driven a 1.8t clio, very quick.

I have beaten the very famous ? 20v turbo clioturbo clio at santa pod 1/4 mile in my std mk6 golf gti dsg ??

Op Just save yourself the hassle and cost and buy the car the engine was in in the first place.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Dave (I forget his username now, that's bad:( )

Chi owned it at one point. Grey 02 plate iirc..

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Dave (I forget his username now, that's bad:( )

Chi owned it at one point. Grey 02 plate iirc..

Yep that's the one I beat ? I know both owners who had it after chi workmanship on the conversion was f**king shocking and downright dangerous!!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Felt quick when I drove it

It was but only when it was boosting properly not missing and if it could get any traction.
Only quick once rolling in higher gears and useless brakes steering and handling!
So in most every day situations not that useable awful thing to drive.

Clio
My Mk6 gti dsg
I did fast show couple years ago in my 1.8t clio sure it was a mk6 golf on the line. I spin every gear with stock 14 inch tyres.
679ebf61415e5bf65bee57bf2428b424.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Clio
It wasn't you I raced it was the very famous 20vt clioturbo.co.uk built one off here.
I'm not actualy sure what that clio is. any links? i have built a few 1.8t conversions. but really miss my clio build.

here's a vid think it's a Audi not golf [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk