ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 lumpy acceleration

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
I've got a 53 172 Clio and after driving it like 5k miles and an oil change, due to lack of a diagnose, I bought the rstuner with ron98 map.
After I update the ecu and calibration, I was so happy when I saw the idle a little higher and no more lumpy idle.

But now, I have a problem under acceleration between 1k all the way to 2.5k rpm. The engine seems to have something like a missfire, it get lumpy and hesitating, but above that all the way to new rev limit 7.5k it is just linear and nice.

I replace spark plugs, leads, front lambda sensor and always run with 99/100. Before the rstuner it goes without that problems.
Any ideas? Also, I have some injectors from Megane, but I don't think that sould be a problem.

Thanks
Radu

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
LE:
I receive an answer from rstuner, they said to check the timing. Could the timing affect just the lower rpms on the engine?

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Well, I think are from Megane, but are also from a f4r engine from what the previous owner told me. They run just fine, kind of, with my old map. In Romania I could not find anyone that know to tune this engine, so remapping is not an option.
Should I try to get a set of oem injectors? I can't afford genuine renault, but I find on ebay at around 30-40 pounds a set of for and maybe I'll try them.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Today I order a new set of genuine injectors. Today I have this problem when full throttle in first gear, it was something like a rich mixture, also some power was lost during this. Hope the new injectors solve the problem. If not, what should I look then?