ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Non-VVT Cams

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
I'm running 431's. Make sure you get Cam vernier as you will need to dial in the Cam overlap

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
I'm getting a pretty flat torque curve and ran the car up to a 7750 rev limiter as revs are important being a race car.

Below dunk is at the wheels. Gained about 20hp by moving the cams.
136f84e54e2e44dae232641832cdeb15.jpg

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
I build and engine with 434 from cat recently.
You will get a very tigth intake Valve to Piston distance but OK at 4.30mm TDC timing in case you are using Wossner std rod size, If you use the long rod version Piston KIT (Super car) you will get some extra 1mm aprox.

Regards

Clio 172
That’s great thank you, I will change the rods along with the wossner piston kit. Have you run the engine and mapped it yet?

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
All the 433, 431 and 434 make good power, I would chose the cam regarding in on what type and gear ratio or engine preparation.
434 make a very linear/flat torque curve, not the big torque at 5800rpm that 433 makes.
The engine made 245hp at 7800rpm (Engine) and 245Nm, similar curves that @Brucefil posted. (Verniers adjusted in order to reduce the 6000-6300rpm (“hole”).

Cheers