ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ph2 E85

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi, I found a French website that sells a DIY E85 conversion. You get what they call an interface (usb to OBD) and the map. They also include 220€ injectors.

I wanted to know if it's necessary to change the injectors or can I keep the stock ones.

Thank you.

clio rs mk4
most of the people ive seen modify a car for e85 have been in australia and they always fit bigger injectors and bigger fuel pump and you use more fuel when on e85

The general rule of thumb with E85 is 30% extra fuel as the calorific value is a lot less than petrol. I used to run my Gti-r on E85, the standard injectors were 444cc and I went upto 700's. Pump was changed for a Bosch 044.

Never tried it on a naturally aspirated car but its amazing on a turbocharged car as you can pretty much chuck as much ignition advance as you want at it with no detonation, engine temps were noticeably cooler too 😎

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Never tried it on a naturally aspirated car but its amazing on a turbocharged car as you can pretty much chuck as much ignition advance as you want at it with no detonation, engine temps were noticeably cooler too 😎

It's the different latent heat of vaporisation, it's kinda the same deal you get with Methanol, just not quite as strong.
Turbo cars benefit from lower charge temperatures and increased knock resistance.

Will be some advantages to being able to run more timing on the Clio engine, but it just depends how much more timing the engine wants.

clio rs mk4
id love to run e85 on my mk4 but not sure there is anywhere near me i could buy it from and then would need to work out how to make ecu work with flex fuel sensor too. would be interesting e85 with hybrid turbo

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Bumping this just to know if it's not too bad to do an ethanol conversion on a 172 with 80k miles?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Be fine to do it, but I don't see the point here. Not like the fuel is easy to come by.

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Bumping again before I buy the kit. Could I run e85 with bigger injectors and stock fuel pump? Or do I have to upgrade the fuel pump? And if so, could I run a few months with the stock fuel pump before upgrading?