ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - Sourcing Cambelt & Dephaser?

MK1 Golf
Hey all, new around here.

Bought my first Clio 172, 49,000 miles and been kept in a a garage for the last 7 years and owned by a guy in his 60's - real happy with it :) I've been through all the paperwork and I have no idea when the Cambelt was replaced, the Dephaser also sounds a little nasty which I think may be down to lack of oil change so I think I'll replace this even though it's only at 49,000 miles.

I'm going to source some genuine Renault parts, where do you guys tend to go? I found the below items and wondered if you guys would consider this best price for genuine parts? Is there anything else I need and would you recommend having the waterpump done at the same time?

Renault Dephaser - £70
Renault Cambelt set - £60

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Renault Parts Direct (Facebook) tend to be the cheapest.

And you know you'll get the right parts.

MK1 Golf
Thanks for your help guys.

Like I said, the cars only on 49,000 but no idea when they were last done and the dephaser sounds a bit crappy to me, maybe that's just how these Clio's sound :laughing: