ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Bumper Exhaust Trims

Hello,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction of where I might be able to find replacement Clio 182 bumper exhaust trims? Unfortunately both mine are cracked and damaged. I have tried eBay and several breaker yards but they only want to sell me a full bumper that includes the trims. I only need the trims and really don't want the expense of a full bumper and postage costs!

Clio 182, Mercedes,
I’ve had the same issue but fortunately one was in good condition so copied it and 3D printed a couple today. Only managed to print them in black hers How they turned out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 229

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
I’ve had the same issue but fortunately one was in good condition so copied it and 3D printed a couple today. Only managed to print them in black hers How they turned out

They look good mate.

Planning on making some to sell?

I quite often see people asking where to get these, and they are pointed to K-Tec who want £35 per surround which unsurprisingly are not popular.

Think you would get some interest if you could make more (y)

Clio 182, Mercedes,
No I’ve not thought about selling them, to be fair I’ve not had a chance to see if they fit properly yet or if they need to be altered.

I will find out after work tomorrow but must say they look very close.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They look good mate.

Planning on making some to sell?

I quite often see people asking where to get these, and they are pointed to K-Tec who want £35 per surround which unsurprisingly are not popular.

Think you would get some interest if you could make more (y)
£70 for a pair of plastic arch clips?? :LOL:

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
It seems a silly price, but for someone to set up the process and actually produce exact replicas isn’t exactly cheap, plus they’re a business a need to make a profit. I don’t blame K-Tec for pricing it they way they do, but if you’re after a cheaper set then often a used 182 bumper off eBay is the way to go. You’ll get your inserts with a free bumper!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It seems a silly price, but for someone to set up the process and actually produce exact replicas isn’t exactly cheap, plus they’re a business a need to make a profit. I don’t blame K-Tec for pricing it they way they do, but if you’re after a cheaper set then often a used 182 bumper off eBay is the way to go. You’ll get your inserts with a free bumper!
I get that - but £35 each? And I bet you'll get a postage fee added on top for something that weights what, 20 grams?

There's a time and place to extract a bit of premium on a popular product. I bought one of the carbon fibre front splitters from KTEC myself in the past that I didn't think were badly priced compared to the OEM plastic item that cost double (lol).

But when that product applies to a very niche item - that a lot of people would probably swap for a sensible price - you're just detering sales of them by charging dreamer's money.

£35 for a pair including UK P&P would be more than fair. Each.... no way - I'll put up with what's on there already.