ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Gearbox

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Whilst driving the 182 today ive noticed that with certain RPM the Gearbox loses hold of third gear and also crunches going into 4th. Coupled with the Selector Shaft weeping im guessing its days are rapidly numbered.

Now the question is it worth reconning the gearbox, if so what sort of money am i looking at as a rough guide or is a second one worth the risk given how honest some of the sellers are at the moment ( Im looking at you Facebook and Ebay)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well I’d say it’s worth rebuilding, but I would say that as i rebuild them! Lol!

But I’ve had boxes shipped to me to be refurbed that have come via FB/eBay and they have been in piss poor condition and in need of refurb - despite being sold as ‘good working order’.

You pays your money, you takes your risk.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I’d say a lot of these boxes are going to be at the end of life. It’s a risk that you end up with two crunchy boxes and end up getting one reconned anyway.

I intend to get a second box and send that off to @NorthloopCup to be refurbed and an LSD fitted and then swap it out with mine, then I’ll either sell mine or keep it as a spare.

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Well I’d say it’s worth rebuilding, but I would say that as i rebuild them! Lol!

But I’ve had boxes shipped to me to be refurbed that have come via FB/eBay and they have been in piss poor condition and in need of refurb - despite being sold as ‘good working order’.

You pays your money, you takes your risk.
What sort of price is it I'm looking at for a rebuild ?