ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Oil Leak and Misfire

Clio 182 RS
Hey all, new to the forum bought a clio 182 a few months ago and had done an oil service a few ago and since have noticed an oil leak but having trouble pinpointing where it could be coming from any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have found oil down the cambelt & aux belt side of the engine. I have done some investigating and found oil in the following places:
  • Under the upper engine mount, but the cambelt is dry (Since taking the engine mount of I noticed the cambelt is being worn down on the outer edge and is going in to be replaced),
  • On the upper engine mount bolts
  • On the bottom edge of the exhaust manifold (where it attaches to the engine)
  • On the plastic lower cambelt cover
  • In the dephaser solenoid electrical connector
  • In the inlet manifold
At first I thought it was the camshaft seals but now from looking on forum posts I'm wondering if it could be coming from the rocker cover. Any suggestions would be appreciated

20241019_125009.jpg

20241023_173525.jpg

20241023_173516.jpg

20241019_134907.jpg