ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Track Car Build

Mini Cooper JCW
Morning All,
I have recently purchased a pretty clean '04 Clio 182 FF.
I plan to turn it into a track car and will be installing all of the usual track-related parts. I will first be doing a once over and replacing all the bushings, can I ask what bushes you guys are using for majority track use? Powerflex? Or solid bushes? Or just OEM? Also interested to know which oil and spark plugs you guys are using for track use.
The car has lowering springs (Which will be swapped out for coilovers), an ITG intake, Ktec catback exhaust & some 17" Team Dynamic wheels (Which will be getting swapped out for some 15"/16" wheels).
Thanks,
Harvey.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Rear Beam - Purple Powerflex
Dogbone - Purple Powerflex. I like the EVOL mounts, some people find them too hard.
Wishbones - Strongflex Yellow/Black Powerflex or Purple Powerflex.
ARB - Strongflex Yellow or Powerflex Black or Purple series.
Engine Mounts - Popular choices - K-Tec and Vibra-technics. Some people just use the Yellow Powerflex insert on the OEM upper mounts. Pure Motorsport have a range of options depending on how far you want to go.

Oils - Millers Nanodrive range is a popular choice for race cars or standard oils that are changed regularly are fine.

Spark Plugs - Standard NGK PFR6E-10

If you need any links, just drop me a dm.

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper JCW
Rear Beam - Purple Powerflex
Dogbone - Purple Powerflex. I like the EVOL mounts, some people find them too hard.
Wishbones - Strongflex Yellow/Black Powerflex or Purple Powerflex.
ARB - Strongflex Yellow or Powerflex Black or Purple series.
Engine Mounts - Popular choices - K-Tec and Vibra-technics. Some people just use the Yellow Powerflex insert on the OEM upper mounts. Pure Motorsport have a range of options depending on how far you want to go.

Oils - Millers Nanodrive range is a popular choice for race cars or standard oils that are changed regularly are fine.

Spark Plugs - Standard NGK PFR6E-10

If you need any links, just drop me a dm.
Fantastic. Thanks for the detailed reply.