ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 EDC Mapped

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Start figure 189bhp - 172ft/lbs torque
Mapped result 226bhp - 250ft/lbs torque
Had the ITG filter fitted too.
So much better now with that big hike in torque.
DSC_1799~2.JPG
DSC_1800~2.JPG
DSC_1799~3.JPG
DSC_1803~2.JPG
DSC_1802~2.JPG

2014 Clio 200t edc
Great figures there. How does that affect the warranty being as it's still covered under one? Will rstuning warrant the engine as it's their map?
Get some videos up, would love to hear the induction noise.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Never driven an automatic, no idea how they work
Sorry if that seemed a bit short and rude, didn't mean to be lol

They just change gear on revs vs load I think so the extra power shouldn't make a difference

After results are nice but why were the standard figures so crap? Classic Renault. Over promise under deliver. People were banging on about these being over 200hp from factory and leaving Fiesta STs for dust. From those standard figures above I assume this was a load of nonsense.

Bet it feels like a different car now though, so all good.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
After results are nice but why were the standard figures so crap? Classic Renault. Over promise under deliver. People were banging on about these being over 200hp from factory and leaving Fiesta STs for dust. From those standard figures above I assume this was a load of nonsense.

Bet it feels like a different car now though, so all good.
Genuinely surprised me to see the bhp figure, book torque figure says 177ft/lbs. Although it's close it's down again. You'd think with the Mk4 they would have come with the mapped figures as standard or have the torque similar to the 226bhp. When you look at the Cooper Works with 228bhp and a raft of VAG cars running decent horsepower, Renault could have given the Clio more than what was in the outgoing last shape model. I feel the Megane takes over that mantle to compete.

The big difference with the std torque figure is how low it peaks compared to N/A at 1750rpm so it's instant compared to the revvy high 4k. Low down torque coupled with RS Mode makes the big difference.

As a complete package it's a step forward with the technology they've put into it, the extra power and torque is a bonus... Especially in what it costs to give you those kind of returns.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Genuinely surprised me to see the bhp figure, book torque figure says 177ft/lbs. Although it's close it's down again. You'd think with the Mk4 they would have come with the mapped figures as standard or have the torque similar to the 226bhp. When you look at the Cooper Works with 228bhp and a raft of VAG cars running decent horsepower, Renault could have given the Clio more than what was in the outgoing last shape model. I feel the Megane takes over that mantle to compete.

The biggest mistake they made IMO. New engine, same power. No incentive to actually want the new engine over the old NA screamer.

Big difference in torque though, which is good.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The biggest mistake they made IMO. New engine, same power. No incentive to actually want the new engine over the old NA screamer.

Big difference in torque though, which is good.
And then with the Renault 4 warranty when they came out in 2013 your hands are tied. I do believe you'll slowly start to see this happening with these from now on and especially next year when the warranties run out.

Also it couldn't overshadow the Megane 250 in power

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Cracking result that mate!

These are becoming a great second hand buy.
To think you can pick them up for about 10k now, there was a white Cup selling privately for that price when I was looking. It really is a lot of car with the tech for that money, then add in the cost of a map you really do have good car on your hands.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
To think you can pick them up for about 10k now, there was a white Cup selling privately for that price when I was looking. It really is a lot of car with the tech for that money, then add in the cost of a map you really do have good car on your hands.
I had mine up for 10k at one point and had no interest at all. I was gobsmacked as there was a dealer down the road that sold a poor spec one for 12k lol!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I had mine up for 10k at one point and had no interest at all. I was gobsmacked as there was a dealer down the road that sold a poor spec one for 12k lol!

I might be wrong but maybe people don't look into financing the car by borrowing the money from a bank. With the dealers you get the choice of outright finance or the PCP deal which initially lowers the monthly payments but have that balloon payment at the end. New cars are a better interest rate than second hand through a dealer, I imagine with the second hand cars depending on age there's still the warranties on them along with potential other deals thrown in that they can offer.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I might be wrong but maybe people don't look into financing the car by borrowing the money from a bank. With the dealers you get the choice of outright finance or the PCP deal which initially lowers the monthly payments but have that balloon payment at the end. New cars are a better interest rate than second hand through a dealer, I imagine with the second hand cars depending on age there's still the warranties on them along with potential other deals thrown in that they can offer.
I think for me, mine still had another years free servicing aswell as warranty until the end of Dec. 2017. As you said, I think people are reluctant to spend 10k on a private purchase when you can get one from a dealer.