ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup race car trackday experience

Renault Clio 4
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you fellow Clio enthusiasts would be interested in paying to have an experience in a Clio 4 race car (the same as what you might have seen previously with the BTCC.) It is a great opportunity to drive a purpose built race car by Renault themselves!

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
AU4I9527_4500-3000-rgb.jpg

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I’d be interested but would like it to be something you can take out amongst other track cars. Similar to how they have offered laps in new RS models at RenaultSport track days.

That or it’s part of a line up of cars you get to drive, not sure it would be enough on its own.

What would you do to differentiate it from the existing common arrangements?

Truth is an enthusiast forum full of cheap-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things track cars is probably not the ideal target market if you’re looking to rent a proper car for £1000/day including insurance, transport, support & trackday entry fee, with the customer paying for fuel & driver coaching on top.

As I’m sure you’re aware the other already-existing option is the 3 laps for £100 type deal, albeit high performance road cars. These tend to get disappointing feedback from enthusiasts as, understandably given the insufficient time to build trust/rapport with the instructor, you’re not allowed to “drive them properly.”

Don’t get me wrong, I realise you have a car without it’s original series to compete in, and are probably just trying to think of other revenue streams in addition to normal paid drives.

I also realise that a close ratio sequential box, slicks & proper brake pedal feel does create a “next level” experience compared to a dual clutch stripped out road car.

Last edited: